Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soon my floor will go in.
Thinking to be proactive I could theoretically place the mounting plate now for the future Espar/Webasto.
Are they not the same heater/footprint mounting plate requirement?
Better question, is it possible to get the plate now without the whole shebang ?
I'm just thinking it would be easier to cut the hole out of the wood floor now versus later.
Thanks as always.

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,536 Posts
Plate is exactly 7" X 8". Check eBay and you may find one, though you will get a second one with the kit.

I cannot over-emphasize: You can't just put this wherever it's convenient top-side. You must also have the clear space underneath. Somewhere I gave the size of the bolt pattern, which would be the minimum underneath size, though now that I think about it, I may not have allowed space for socket on the bolts. Best to assume 7" X 8".

$20 HF multitool makes quick work of the hole in the wood floor, but positioning would have been loads easier before the floor went in because you can see both sides of the ribs.

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
I put my Espar directly on the floor in an area under the raised dinette floor so I had no use for a plate. The heater bolted right to the top of one of the ribs there. Unfortunately it is 3,000 miles away or I would send it to you. I don’t know if it is exactly the same as Wabasto.

·
Registered
13 Posts
After market installation plate

While contemplating installing the Webasto 2000ST, I stumbled across a truck shop video of an installation using a very interesting installation plate specifically for installing through a wood floor over ribbed metal. I found the plate available on eBay for about $30. It consist of around a 6 by 7 inch metal plate with the appropriate holes for webasto and similar heaters. On the bottom of the plate is attached a 5 inch tube about 1.5 inches long. You just drill/cut a 5 inch hole through the wood and metal floor, then drop in the plate assembly, attach it with screws from the top, then seal it up with high temp sealant from the bottom. Now can easily bolt in the heater. This really simplified the installation for me and kept the high temps from the wood. If search on eBay for "webasto floor mount plate 190246" should find it or this link might work: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eberspacher...Heater-Floor-mount-plate-190246-/291263684491
I have no affiliation with the seller, but it worked well for me and they shipped quickly.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
dmsdms2000
Thank you sir! I promise I googled forever to find nothing.
SO from the UK, doubt it will get here soon enough but that's OK. The guy who did our windows/vents/air-con
will do our Espar later in the year and he insists on it.

Just noticed it has shipped. Better late than never.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts