Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
What do you mean “will not work at high altitudes?” We had our stock B1 for two winter seasons. Much of that time was Colorado, and almost all of it was above 5000’. The blower motor failed last spring and we had it repaired in Denver. He did say it was sooted up pretty good, but he did not link that to any problem with the blower motor so I don’t think our use at altitude caused the blower motor to go.

My understanding is also that Espar now offers pumps/controllers that do better altitude compensation so you can probably get something to improve the performance even more.

If you want to sell it, knock yourself out, but I wouldn’t be quite so concerned about use at altitude as you say.

·
Read Only
309 Posts
On the eBay link, it appears it was previously installed and used. I'm not in the market for one, but it looks like a great price. The diesel heaters are in the $1200-1600 range.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
Reactions: 208034/

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
I bought mine on eBay and would again. You are right of course. Google can find servicing Espar dealers selling for about $900+ too. Why Amazon is so much more is odd.

·
Read Only
309 Posts
It's their free shipping. **** rotten thievin' bastards! I like Amazon for their 2 day or less shipping. I guess you pay for it one way or another.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts