Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to remove my espar digi-max thermostat so I can troubleshoot. It had it installed & can't get to the back side easily. I don't want to break it getting it off the panel. Does it have snap clips or nuts on the backside?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Here's what the back of mine looks like. I'm not sure what type of hardware is supposed to go on the posts, mine was just pushed into 2 small holes and held in place with double sided tape.

Attachments

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thx. got it off. found out my installer didn't plug in the diag wire. so now at least I'm getting the error code. sez check fuel pump. I haven't used it for a while, I noticed in the directions it says to run the heater once a month. oops.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
If you run your gas tank really low you lose the prime on the furnace pump. It takes a start cycle or two to get it back.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The pump wasn't working. Checked the resistance at the pump as recommended, looked good. Checked the resistance at the connector at the heater, through the pump, open loop. Checked the resistance of the cable from the heater to the pump, looked good. That didn't make sense. Cleaned up the pins (they looked fine), and tried it again, resistance at the pump looked right this time so I plugged it in and tried it again thinking the pins must have had a little corrosion. It failed again & when when I measured ohms it was open loop again. So I had the SO watch the meter while I wiggled the connector on the pump. It moved a little, but mostly OL. I'm thinking I need to order a new pump, but since it failed after quite a few months of non use, & it's a solenoid I think it's worth a little tapping. The tapping didn't seem to do it, but I also put the charger in equalize mode to bump the voltage to 16 and a little tapping & I got it working. After letting it get cold overnight it worked again the next day!

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
The second Law of Thermodynamics suggest a hammer is not a good tool to restore order in the Universe but it is surprising how often it works. Entropy still increases in the system as order is restored by the hammer!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts