Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the deal with all these useless non ProMaster threads popping up? They really need to be deleted as they are distracting to an otherwise great site.

·
Super Moderator
723 Posts
Just deleted 20 threads or so. I think we need new mods to keep up with them

Not sure I like this job ;)

·
Super Moderator
8,386 Posts
I'm getting pretty tired of delegating them myself! It's about time the administrators do something about this problem! We can only spend so much time deleating spam that never should come thru in the first place!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Perhaps you could add some "qualification" questions to the member signup that would discourage the armies of spammers. Stuff like "who was the famous businessman who revived Chrysler in the 80's?", "what is Chryslers famous trademark engine name for many of it's V8 engines?", "what does GVWR stand for?". In other words, questions most people looking for a Promaster, or familiar with Dodge/Ram/Chrysler would probably know without even having to google it.

·
Super Moderator
723 Posts
Stuff like

1) "who was the famous businessman who revived Chrysler in the 80's?",

2) "what is Chryslers famous trademark engine name for many of it's V8 engines?",

3) "what does GVWR stand for?".
1) Bill Gates

2) Semi V8 (a V4, actually)

3) Great Van With Room

Got it?

;)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry guys, I didn't know the admins had to delete these manually. What a pain. I assume that these people are banned after making such posts...

·
Super Moderator
8,386 Posts
Yes! All we mods can do is delete them as spam, when they show up, and ban them pretty much, which doesn't really solve the problem. This is a small enough site that everyone should have to be approved first before being allowed to post. It's a very simple change to the format but we can't do it, only the administrators or owners of the site have that power.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts