Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have my ladder rack choices narrowed down to the Ergorack by Prime design or Ranger Max Rack.

Both are the double sided drop down for my standard roof 2014 Promaster.

Does anyone have experience with these? The Ergorack is a few hundred dollars more which I do not mind spending if it is better.

Or maybe someone has a suggestion on a completely different brand/model drop down double ladder rack.

·
Registered
22 Posts
RT,

As a dealer for both units, we can say they are both very decent units. The biggest difference is the amount of user input required to access your ladders. I have explained why below.

The MaxRack drop down is one complete motion where as the ErgoRack involves the user to lower the rack in two motions. The second motion being releasing a latch to drop the ladder down to reachable height. When doing this the user has to control the full weight of the ladder. The MaxRack does this all in the one rotation of the bar, bringing the ladder down to reachable height.

One smaller difference is that the MaxRack comes standard with a mechanism to stop th ladder from rattling in the rack preventing wear, and is designed to keep pressure on the ladder rack at all times. On the ErgoRack this is an option with the spring arms.

The way to get a good feel about which way to go, is to ask your dealer if you can try out both racks side by side and feel the difference.

I trust this helps.

Bryn Jones
Van Extras

1 - 2 of 2 Posts