Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to buy a new 2015 diesel 3500 and the dealer got back to me and said that FCA has a 'do not sell' order on all new diesels. Anybody able to verify this?

It's not that I don't believe or trust my dealer, but I'm definitely a trust-but-verify kinda guy. According to him, they are trying to work it out but in this order (based on sales):
Ram Trucks
Jeep Cherokee
ProMaster

·
Registered
28 Posts
We just bought a new 2015 diesel 3500 two weeks ago. Waiting on shipment from NY to WA.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
That is partly so, no 2017 diesels seem to have been built. Others on this forum have bought diesels from dealer inventory. FCA did a no-no. Not VW level mischief bit not playing by the rules either. Persist, I love my diesel. Just got back from a 28+mpg tank! NO issues in 36,000 miles, hauls like a freight engine, tranny is to make you smile every shift. This is the REAL European Fiat Ducato.

Diesel haters are now going to bite back because I have poked them once again.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, RD -- now I'm on their flame list too! I'm sold on the diesel, now if they would just sell me one! I am checking with some other dealers to see if they feed me the same line. But it's gotta be new -- I want that warranty, especially the 100,000 on te2015's.

Anyone got advice on how to get around this?

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
2016’s have the same 100,000 warranty and a new one should be available. The gasser went to 36 mo/60,000 but the diesel didn’t change.

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,492 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was trying to buy a new 2015 diesel 3500 and the dealer got back to me and said that FCA has a 'do not sell' order on all new diesels. Anybody able to verify this?

It's not that I don't believe or trust my dealer, but I'm definitely a trust-but-verify kinda guy. According to him, they are trying to work it out but in this order (based on sales):
Ram Trucks
Jeep Cherokee
ProMaster
We just bought a new 2015 Promaster 3500 diesel two weeks ago. So, if they put a stop to selling them it would have been in the last two weeks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
We purchased a new 2015 Promaster 3500 diesel two weeks ago. If they stopped selling them it would have to be in the past two weeks.

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
My son recently got his check from Bosch for the settlement of their (non) part in the VW dust up. They have admitted no wrong doing as your articles reveal. They are the common connection to VW, FCA, M-B diesel irregularities and must have known the scam was happening, but so far have emerged like an underling that hasn’t been thrown under the (diesel) bus YET! Sort of like Master Sergeant Schultz in the situation comedy Hogan's Heroes “I know Nothing!”

·
Registered
171 Posts
The EPA / California ARB is for the 3 liter V6 engine used in Jeep Grand Cherokee and Ram 1500, not for Ram ProMaster 3 liter diesel engine that is an inline 4 cylinders.

In Europe, with the introcution of the Fiat Ducato Euro 6, the 4 cylinders 3 liter (F1C) is not used anymore.
Instead is used a new version of the new 177 CV version of the 2.3 F1A engine. Fuel consumption, very important in european market, is up to 19% less, at least on paper.

The 3.0 Euro 6 engine, longitudinal version, is used in Iveco Daily, Mitsubishi Fuso Canter, ... The newer version gives a fuel consumption reduction up to 8%.

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
Yes but FCA did not deliver any of the I-4 3.0 in 2017 either I believe. Completely different engine but not being sold! My guess is ours has similar unrevealed software devices and FCA did not want to poke the bear by trying to sell them. My great concern is that sometime when I have mine in for warrantee or service work I will get a flash update to the emissions software that will render it less than perfect as a working clean diesel in order to comply with EPA/CARB. I want to be a clean and green diesel owner but not at the expense of not being able to use my van. I still see a bunch of those pickups with the “Rolling Coal” stickers and smoke stacks, belching black smoke and NOx I would guess. My almost perfect emissions van is not the biggest problem we have.
It seems inevitable we will get the more modern 2.3 by VM Motori in our vans here as it was built to be cleaner, lighter, as much power, and better fuel mileage. I welcome that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts