Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody had the code 520, oil pressure sensor changed. My check engine light is on and I have an appointment in 3 weeks. I'm worried because they told me a 4-5 hour job. They have to tear half the engine apart. The engine runs perfect now and I'm afraid they will screw it up. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Gary

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had mine changed about 3000 miles ago and it has been fine since. It took about a week and a half since they had other vans on scheduled maintenance with promises to keep and only one lift for that size vehicle. My P0520 also added a P06DE later both were cleared once the sensor was changed. There are at least two other threads on this same subject but it really comes down to getting the dealership to do the work hopefully under warranty, they didn't charge me anything. To replace the switch they have to remove two manifolds on top of the engine which means removing/shifting a bunch of hoses as well. And then they have to put in new gaskets, etc. Not a small job.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your comments and reply. Does your van run as good as it did before they did this, that's my big fear of mine. runs perfect I love it I don't want anybody touching it but im that way. thanks again

Gary Bliss
Erie, PA

·
Registered
473 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it. These mechanics have done a few of these as these motors are in almost every FCA product and it's not just the ProMaster that has the bad sensors.

·
Registered
174 Posts
As 30 Ounce said, these motors are in a ton of FCA vehicles. Mine got replaced, replacement faulted driving off the lot, turned around and the mechanic informed me this is a very common sensor failure with the V6 Pentastar. You have to take the top of the motor off so he wasnt able to fix it right then, so they sent me on my way. Have had the same error code for 3 months with no issue. That sensor just warns of oil pressure issues.

I think with most Chrysler products having these motors they should be able to do this no problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts