Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,692 Posts
MsNomer found the ad a few weeks back, but this serves as a good reminder! If you're looking for a fridge/freezer, these deals can't be beat!

I got a discount when I bought mine, but these are the lowest prices I've ever seen... it you're (people shopping for a fridge) thinking about it... JUST DO IT!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Is there any consensus on what model works best for a camping rig? I was looking at the Combi - which provides both freezer and refer in one unit- BTW they were saying the sale would go on till inventory was depleted

·
Registered
2014 136” HR
5,816 Posts
No, the built ins don't seem to be marked down plus they are on the small size for me (Mr. Microwave). I think the Truck Fridge 130 $699 is a much better deal and more than double the size plus uses the same Danforth compressor.
Engel does not use the Danforth compressor. Its swing compressor is an entirely different animal. One moving part, no start-up surge.

·
Registered
Promaster 2500
116 Posts
Other than the truck fridge or Engel, are there other fridges anyone would recommend? Leaning toward the truck fridge at the moment for the $200 savings over the similar Engel

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
Hi Josh,
I got the Truck Fridge TF130, 12V only. It works very very well, it draws about 2 Amps at full load and the little freezer compartment performs as a house refrigerator one.
This units uses the same compressor as I believe Norcold for a fraction of the price. Variable Speed DC Danfoss. I didn't ask for the 120V option which is just a power supply because I mostly boon dock and I don't need to plug in. The TF service on the phone is very good too.
I installed it on a shelf raised from the floor and made sure it has good ventilation around.

·
Premium Member
2014, 138WB, High Roof, Gas, SW MT
2,119 Posts
Other than the truck fridge or Engel, are there other fridges anyone would recommend? Leaning toward the truck fridge at the moment for the $200 savings over the similar Engel

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
I use the Norcold NB751 -- has been fine for 3 years. It uses the Danfoss comperessor.
3 cubic feet (about 85 liters). Has separate freezer compartment, so you can do ice cream :)

Details on energy use test: http://www.buildagreenrv.com/design...alley/measuring-refrigerator-electricity-use/

Gary

·
Registered
33 Posts
Has anyone tried the custom-branded Chinese refrigerators available on Amazon? 50qt for $380 or so? You can also order them on Alibaba at low prices and get them branded any way you like. I have seen "Della" and "Max Burton". The Max Burton seems to have good reviews on Amazon. Again, you can purchase the same fridges unbranded on Alibaba for much less, but I have no idea about shipping costs for something of that size. I have imported small electronics (tablets, car radios, etc.) and the charges were minor.

·
Registered
Promaster 2500
116 Posts
I read about the Chinese ones in some forum, but they had a bad reputation and failed often.
I have the TF130, it works very well and the price is reasonable. It pulls only 2 Amps at full load.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts