Ram Promaster Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2019 159 EXT HR (3500) in WA
1,980 Posts
The dealer is the wrong place to fix an older, damaged van on a budget. That was a mistake. I have made it, many others have made it.

You need to find an independent garage (one possible example, another, more on this review site) and stop tilting at this dealer windmill.

Cut your losses. There is no moral victory to be had here.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Any update on the situation? Hopefully things can be resolved quickly with the dealership. A coolant bottle is an easy fix, but Id be cautious of this van at this point. I assume you could get it running and sell it, there is strong demand for these vehicles currently and try again with a different vehicle. Perhaps the best solution to housing going forward is van life but maybe not this van. Good Luck!

·
Registered
2016 Promaster 159" WB High Roof
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
The van's been at the dealer since it was towed almost 2 weeks ago and they haven't even looked at it yet. I told them yesterday that I'd like for them to arrange to have it towed to me so I can conclude my relationship with the dealership and have this worked on somewhere else or by myself. Today I emailed telling them if they can't arrange for a tow by EOD that I'll arrange for it myself and bill them since the breakdown was caused by a part they fixed that is warrantied. Hopefully I'll have an update by EOD

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
My van is now missing, they arranged for it to be towed to me but once it was out of their possession they started refusing to respond to me. When I contacted them informing them I'd respond with rightful legal action the dealer service manager threatened me via email again. I don't know what to do anymore. I have the option to file a police report but know it will accomplish NOTHING because of the city I am in. This has been quite an 'adventure'.

·
Administrator
‘20 159 HT window van NH Seacoast
12,207 Posts
Definitely contact the police, Ram. Your local newspaper, TV station etc. they can’t be trusted. Report it stolen!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 · (Edited)
I got ahold of the tow truck driver, he was really rude at first but now I blame that on transference from the negativity from the dealer. After explaining what I went through with the dealer the tow driver was really nice and helpful aaaaand now I have the van! The tow driver told me the dealership recently was purchased by a new big company which could be why they've been such a hassle. Anywho, the van is parked near me. I'm taking the afternoon to cool off. But I have the van! wohoooooo

·
Registered
373 Posts
This saga needs to end.

The way I see it, the dealer agreed to tow it to you, they obviously had your address to do that and they did do that. It is unlikely they were "running off" with your van never to be seen again. Maybe they were rude but they did agree to do what you wanted. Thats all history now and not worthy of evening news or police intervention. Cool your afterburners Maverick :)

How you managed to find/contact a truck driver towing a Promaster in the greater Chicago area is nearly impossible and not important either to me, yet I couldn't resist commenting on that point.

Going forward. Lock your van up and use caution. Your catalytic converter is the next most likely thing to be taken for a ride, if the van has one at all at this point.

I would get a new evaluation of the van with a local, reputable mechanic. Feel free to show us a photo of this damaged coolant bottle and anything else you mentioned was supposedly broken when purchased.

Good luck.

·
Registered
166 Posts
@nonbinarybuild

It's clear that you are suffering some severe mental health issues (and now growing financial issues) that are debilitating your life and are much bigger than the driving status of a van. I noticed you have no shoelaces in your shoes - have you been hospitalized recently? I wish you all the best, but it's apparent that you should try and find someone to purchase this van and begin to work on those larger issues, rather than reporting a one-sided account online to a bunch of strangers that don't know you or the background of your troubles. Best of luck and I sincerely hope you have a major turnaround - but cut your losses ASAP with the van and your vendetta against the dealership, ram, and the tow truck driver.

·
Registered
2017 136” HR
643 Posts
@nonbinarybuild

It's clear that you are suffering some severe mental health issues (and now growing financial issues) that are debilitating your life and are much bigger than the driving status of a van. I noticed you have no shoelaces in your shoes - have you been hospitalized recently? I wish you all the best, but it's apparent that you should try and find someone to purchase this van and begin to work on those larger issues, rather than reporting a one-sided account online to a bunch of strangers that don't know you or the background of your troubles. Best of luck and I sincerely hope you have a major turnaround - but cut your losses ASAP with the van and your vendetta against the dealership, ram, and the tow truck driver.
WHAT THE ****? How dare you! Am I the only one pissed off by this comment?

Reactions: nonbinarybuild

·
Registered
166 Posts
WHAT THE ****? How dare you! Am I the only one pissed off by this comment?
Hi Maggie - I see on the public fundraiser that you've just given this woman $500. I hope that your very generous gift goes to good use and I understand your attachment to this cause. I also sincerely hope for a good outcome for Alexandra, but she has told us, a bunch of strangers, her full name and that she is a 70yr old bipolar autistic homeless broke single nonbinary physically disabled person who cannot work and fears being contacted by past abusers. That's a tragic life summary, and indicative that this ongoing saga and drama (she claims being scammed or tricked by the city, dealership, tow truck, etc, etc etc) detailed in these pages is a another symptom, and dwelling on it seems like a form of denialism or at least a distraction from the reality of a debilitating mental illness.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.