Ram Promaster Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Ram Promaster 136 HT Gasser Stealth Work Van Weekend Camper
548 Posts
You mentioned you didn't authorize work to be done on your van if this is true , ask for the General Manager ( of the Dealership ) explain you did not authorize any repairs on your van . This is the one person who can write off this bad deal and make it go away.

If the GM doesn't help , contact owner ( Of Dealership ) the GM doesn't want problems going to the top level .

If still no joy , contact Ram directly , this is fraudulent and at some point you will get your van .

·
Registered
2016 Promaster 159" WB High Roof
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
You mentioned you didn't authorize work to be done on your van if this is true , ask for the General Manager ( of the Dealership ) explain you did not authorize any repairs on your van . This is the one person who can write off this bad deal and make it go away.

If the GM doesn't help , contact owner ( Of Dealership ) the GM doesn't want problems going to the top level .

If still no joy , contact Ram directly , this is fraudulent and at some point you will get your van .
thank you - I just left a message for the GM to contact me.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
That is going to be a tough row to hoe (mechanics lean). Maybe you can ask them if you can do some kind of an installment plan - - 100 bucks a month for 48 months or something?
I love you guys. These are things I would normally ask on my own but with all the stress it didn't even cross my mind to ask this. Going to see what the GM says and bring this up to see if they are willing to work with me.

·
Premium Member
2018 136 HR Ont.
1,255 Posts
I love you guys. These are things I would normally ask on my own but with all the stress it didn't even cross my mind to ask this. Going to see what the GM says and bring this up to see if they are willing to work with me.
If it feels appropriate tell the GM where (Promaster Forum) you are getting your advice from, that might influence his decisions.
"All the people at promasterforum.com said you were supposed to get my approval before doing any work"

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
If it feels appropriate tell the GM where (Promaster Forum) you are getting your advice from, that might influence his decisions.
"All the people at promasterforum.com said you were supposed to get my approval before doing any work"
post Turkey day closure update:

I asked for the dealer GM to get in touch with me and I've been flooded with sales manager calls from all the dealers in their 'family' or 'dealer network'. I think I am going to have to reach out to RAM directly. Does anyone have any tips on how/where to contact them?

I found this contact page on ramtrucks.com but I don't know if it'll get me anywhere except sales again

As of 11/22 they started charging me daily storage fees so my bill is growing and becoming more unaffordable. Not to mention the first person helping me, Rich, assured me that I could leave the van there for any amount of time without being charged for storage. So much frustration with this experience.

I applied for a second credit card with my bank and should know within 30 days if I'm approved or not, that should help me be able to try to get the van out of the dealer. Over the holiday I did some research and with the new companies that offer payment plans that don't impact credit scores I can borrow around $1,000 on temporary credit cards with Sezzle, Afterpay, and Klarna. So I'm making progress on figuring out how to afford the bill if they refuse to lower it. The fundraiser has raised around $300 and I'm really thankful to everyone here that has helped out not only with contributing financially but wanted to thank you all for helping me not lose my mind and give up over this horrible experience

·
Registered
548 Posts
A Dealership General Manager is not a Ghost , he/she has authority over every department within the dealership and vendors like myself .

GM's are available to customers who have internal issues that department managers can't handle .

Phone calls will not get returned , must meet be in person .

Tell Service Manager you want to meet with the GM . As I said before : GM CAN MAKE THIS BAD DEAL GO AWAY.

·
Premium Member
2018 136 HR Ont.
1,255 Posts
Maybe get us his (GM) email and we'll send a few polite inquiries.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Contact @RamCares on this forum. They are still active regularly, it seems. They should be able to get a response from the GM if you are unable
I reached out to @RamCares and am waiting to hear back.

I tried being a little stealthy today and called the dealership asking for the name and extension of the GM, then called back later in the day and left a voicemail for that person. Hopefully they will respond. It's a hassle for me to get to the dealership (not having a car and being disabled) so I really am hoping that I can get this resolved ASAP over the phone with them otherwise I don't know what I'm going to do in 4 weeks.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Short update:
Haven't heard from @RamCares in over a week. Dealership is not working with me. My therapist is trying to help locate a space in a shelter in another county for me (no spaces available where I am currently).

·
Registered
2017 136” HR
525 Posts
I’m so very sorry for your situation! 😞

Reactions: keeponvaning

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hello @nonbinarybuild!

We apologize for the delay in response time on our end, it was not intentional. Our team wants to see what we can do! We just responded to your inquiry and hope to hear back. Let's work together!

Hannah
Ram Cares

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
@RamCares did NOTHING and told me if I want my car to go through my insurance. @RamCares didn't even go over everything available to them regarding what happened. I'm speechless and continue to be disgusted by this industry.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
The dealership told me if I can pickup the van today they will waive my storage fees. Pending a refund for parking in my area I'm trying to go pickup the van today fingers crossed

I want to take time to thank everyone who contributed but also helped me stay calm throughout this treacherous process. Thank you, Promaster community <3

More (exciting!!!!) updates to come; sorry for not being so active lately-been doing everything I can to get the funds together and it's paid off.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Good news , Good luck 🤞

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
I was able to put the payment on my credit card, 2 pay as you go credit cards and my debit card; after a long and stressful journey beginning this afternoon I was able to pick up my van earlier today!

Unfortunately I broke down on my way home. I'm not exactly sure why but I think it's because the coolant reservoir is still leaking and hasn't been replaced(despite paying to have it replaced). I was able to get my van into a gas station and thankfully the attendant was understanding and was willing to let me leave it there until I talk to the dealer tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to dealing with them again but since this is something I paid to have them fix I'm reaching out to them first to try and resolve this.

7 hours later I'm finally back home to my cat, ready to relax, and will continue this stressful journey tomorrow.

~I'm trying to hold onto the excitement I had in these photos prior to the breakdown~

Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive design Tire Mode of transport
Motor vehicle Automotive design Sunglasses Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Dealership arranged for a tow, they're doing a pickup this afternoon. Service center is closed today and tomorrow so I won't hear from dealer until Monday. Fingers crossed things get easier.

·
Registered
2019 159 EXT HR (3500) in WA
1,743 Posts
Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Does anyone have recs for a service center they've worked with before in the northern Illinois or Chicago area? I realized this morning that when I was in the van there was more that didn't work than what the dealership found on the assessment so I'm going to try to have it brought to another place once they are finished fixing what they were supposed to fix but would rather go somewhere someone has had experience with than just using Google

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
I honestly don't know why I was expecting this dealership to do what's right.

The dealer service manager emailed me this morning, he didn't know that my van was towed to his dealer but he did try to make it seem like I did something to cause the breakdown. What a lovely human.

41 - 60 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.