Ram Promaster Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

Registered
2016 Promaster 159" WB High Roof
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Mods- if this kind of post isn't allowed please delete it immediately, no need to contact me to let me know, I'm embarrassed enough as it is馃拃

I'm here to share my Go Fund Me and ask if anyone from this community is able help me get my ProMaster out of the dealer service center.

I'm not looking forward to the negativity that may come from this but I'm out of options so it's time to swallow my pride and ask for help. If I could do it all over again I would have not had a dealer to the repairs and had it taken somewhere else... so please refrain from all the "you should have" comments and what have you. That lesson was already learned and I am just trying to get my baby back.

Thanks for listening.

(If there's anything specific you'd like to know feel free to message me and ask me anything, I'm an open book I am just hesitant to share a lot of personal information on a public platform in case a past abuser finds it)

Help me avoid homelessness by getting my van back, organized by Alexandra Hoffman

Registered
Im sorry to hear of your troubles, Im not familiar with your situation either. If you need info, advice or help head scratching ok, I can't donate money however.

Administrator
鈥20 159 HT window van NH Seacoast
This is a new one on me and I want to get feedback from members before taking any action.
The op has been a member for a month and made 25 posts.
I鈥檝e only received one request from a member so far asking it be deleted as spam. If anyone else desires to give feedback on this subject please feel free to start a conversation with me.
For the record, I don鈥檛 think the op is a spammer but I have no proof either way.

Registered
This is a new one on me and I want to get feedback from members before taking any action.
The op has been a member for a month and made 25 posts.
I鈥檝e only received one request from a member so far asking it be deleted as spam. If anyone else desires to give feedback on this subject please feel free to start a conversation with me.
For the record, I don鈥檛 think the op is a spammer but I have no proof either way.
Is the link the op provided safe to click?

I just searched nonbinarybuild on gofundme.com no results came up.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i added my forum name to the fundraiser under "team name" since it only had my legal name. i'll also gladly do anything necessary to show i'm not spam for my fellow forum members-i was planning on sharing my build progress once i have the van but can't do that until i have the van :)

Registered
2019 Ram Promaster 136 HT Gasser Stealth Work Van Weekend Camper
I carefully read your post on GoFundMe page :

I can possibly donate to your cause .

My Questions : Did you pay for a undamaged van & received it damaged and uninhabitable ?

Do you currently have the van in your possession ?

I understand you purchased from a Auction website possibly copart ? ( Who I have serviced for over 2 decades ) .

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I carefully read your post on GoFundMe page :

I can possibly donate to your cause .

My Questions : Did you pay for a undamaged van & received it damaged and uninhabitable ?

Do you currently have the van in your possession ?

I understand you purchased from a Auction website possibly copart ? ( Who I have serviced for over 2 decades ) .
I paid for a running van without any damage and with no accidents.

The van is technically in my possession but I had it delivered to a service center to have recall repairs facilitated and an inspection (where it's currently waiting to be picked up after having the 2 things replaced in the engine to make it run).

Since I bought it at an insurance auction I took the listing at face value and wanted to see what work, if any, needed to be done, and that's when was informed by the service center about previous front end and overhead damage. After the service center told me about the damage I bought my own reports and was able to see there was an accident listed on a date that the van was at the auction location. :mad:

The VIN report the auctioneer provided showed no accidents, and since the report looked to be from a reputable source I trusted it and didn't order an additional one initially.

(SORRY FOR ALL THE EDITS, HAVING A SUPER ADHD MOMENT)

Registered
2019 Ram Promaster 136 HT Gasser Stealth Work Van Weekend Camper
Yes , that sounds about right with Auction non disclosure of damage , it's a tough one for you . Sometimes it's intentional , others a genuine mistake .

If Auction reported no accidents they are liable for a "buy back" of your van which they will make as difficult as possible for you .

To the Forum members ... IMHO this is a genuine post after reading O.P.s response to my questions .

After servicing multiple Auctions for over 20 years , I see it's always a risk if you are not car savvy : even seasoned car dealer's get scammed and it's not always the Auction at blame , sometimes people rush into a deal that's to good to be true without reading the fine print .

I have seen your type of situation many times over the years with the public not quite understanding the car auction purchase process.

Hope you survive this mentally , I will donate .

Registered
2019 159 EXT HR (3500) in WA
I hope you can get things sorted.

Is the van at a dealership or an independent shop?

Where is the van physically (no exact, just the general area)?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hope you can get things sorted.

Is the van at a dealership or an independent shop?

Where is the van physically (no exact, just the general area)?
it's at a dealer service center in suburban Chicago that I don't plan on using again :sneaky:

Registered
Mods- if this kind of post isn't allowed please delete it immediately, no need to contact me to let me know, I'm embarrassed enough as it is馃拃

I'm here to share my Go Fund Me and ask if anyone from this community is able help me get my ProMaster out of the dealer service center.

I'm not looking forward to the negativity that may come from this but I'm out of options so it's time to swallow my pride and ask for help. If I could do it all over again I would have not had a dealer to the repairs and had it taken somewhere else... so please refrain from all the "you should have" comments and what have you. That lesson was already learned and I am just trying to get my baby back.

Thanks for listening.

(If there's anything specific you'd like to know feel free to message me and ask me anything, I'm an open book I am just hesitant to share a lot of personal information on a public platform in case a past abuser finds it)

Help me avoid homelessness by getting my van back, organized by Alexandra Hoffman
I believe you will be taxed on the money you receive thru GoFundMe as income. just a thought, I'd plan on 25% of the proceeds a wash.

Registered
I believe you will be taxed on the money you receive thru GoFundMe as income. just a thought, I'd plan on 25% of the proceeds a wash.
This is a stretch of the imagination but.. You may be better served by formally introducing yourself to a moderator or other prominent figure on this forum and proving your situation to be factual. Full disclosure. Share the Ram dealership repair bills to this trusted person and then go forward.

This is a stretch of the imagination but.. It may be best for folks to pay your dealership bill directly thru their credit card than you losing 25% to the IRS because of GoFundMe. Im sure the dealership would accept multiple credit card payments.

Good luck!

Registered
2017 136鈥 HR
Reactions: nonbinarybuild

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you to everyone who contributed so far and for the tips and info. I love it here.

The van is at Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM in Crystal Lake if anyone wants to call over and fact-check. I originally was working with Rich Z e i g l e r but after a month of being ignored I spoke with the service/parts manager who transferred my van to Eva P e r e z. I'm sure anyone in service can provide info but those are the three people I've worked with so far :)

Registered
2017 159" High Roof

Thanks for listening.

Can you give a brief description about what exactly happened?

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.