Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone had this warning light come on? Mine started flashing while I was driving at highway speed. Stopped flashing but locked code so check engine light is on. Just wondering if anyone else had this issue before I take it in for repair. 2015 3500

·
Premium Member
8,837 Posts
It would help us and we might be able to offer insight if you would add which van, year and fuel type to your signature. Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,837 Posts
The model and year are at the bottom of my post. 2015 3500
Yes thanks for that I was really wondering if it was gas or diesel?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am dealing with this issue right now ... dealership has had the van (2015 ProMaster 2500 Diesel) for exactly 3 weeks and has as yet been unable to fix the issue. To make matters worse for me as a business owner, they have not provided any form of replacement in the meantime claiming there isn't anything available locally (we are about 45 minutes from Vancouver so not as if we are in the Arctic or something). Given other issues with the attitude of this dealership I suspect they really mean they can't be bothered or don't want to pay for a replacement/rental.

They have yet to give me any indication of when the vehicle will be returned to me. I've been getting excuses about mechanics being sick, weather impacting shipping of parts ... I have already escalated to the dealership GM but nothing really has changed. Looking for advice on what to do next as I can't go on indefinitely running a business without a key "tool" for my business.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have had the same problem from time to time. The ETC warming light will come on and the van will decrease power momentarily , I usually pull over, turn the engine off and then back on. That light goes out and then the check engine light will come on and stay on. After several starts and stops the check engine light goes out. Dealer has checked it and says it is ok, seems to be fine. I have a 2014 High top diesel. I have over 30,000 miles and other than a few things like this I am happy with my PM diesel. Next time I am by the dealer I am going to get them to pull the code again and note it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have other threads here same issue 25 days at a dealer still not fixed going back in on Monday... started at 750 miles

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
My '14 diesel 2500 has had this warning on one trip so far. Im at about 40k. the issue only came about when i was hauling a load uphill with my foot break on. Don't ask me why i would do that, it was a science experiment in winter conditions. the van didn't seem to like fuel input and break input so it told me to be quiet and took away my power. No other issues in this way aside from that but i thought i would share.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts