Ram Promaster Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
From the post in this thread, following @phil's link:

It looks like RAM got on the electronic rear-view mirror bandwagon. No mention of any dashcam function though,

New for 2021, and making its debut on an FCA vehicle, a class-exclusive digital rearview mirror option is available to replace the traditional rearview mirror with a 9.2-inch wide LCD monitor.

The digital rearview mirror displays video in real time from a rear-facing camera and can be turned off to revert back to a traditional reflective mirror. The digital rearview mirror is available on all ProMaster models and provides an unobstructed rear view that enhances safety and prevents accidents while on the job.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 high roof with a factory backup camera. Due to what’s inside my van, my rearview mirror is useless. I’d love to get a dedicated electronic rearview mirror to replace it. Meaning... one that slides over the current mirror, or a monitor that mounts to the ceiling above the windshield that always shows me what’s behind my van while driving. When backing up, the image pops up on the stock, in dash stereo. That’s fine. I’ll keep that the way it is because it works just fine.
Has anyone done this? Has anyone added a third party rearview camera like this; keeping your backup cam separate? If so, which one? I searched the forums but couldn’t find what I’m really looking for. I’m not looking for a cheap piece of Amazon trash either. I want/need a SOLID image of what’s behind me while driving. Any advice would be great.
Have you found anything regarding this? I just bought a Promaster and have the same problem. Looking for an electronic rear view mirror.

·
Registered
642 Posts
We wrote up how we did it here:

The original DMYCO rearview camera we used is no longer available, but there is an updated version.

This one looks like it would be a good candidate, IPS, GPS, good reviews, etc:

Fantastic deal right now at $129 with a $40 coupon. Do not know about the voice functions -- I'm guessing those would be pretty useless :)

Similar camera different brand $110 with $20 (12" IPS, GPS):

Another reasonable candidate $100 with $25 coupon (10" no GPS):

You will may still need a rear camera extension cable and probably want a hard-wire power supply.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts