Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've narrowed down my next daily driver to a Promaster 118" WB that I'm hoping to order in the spring. One of the options that comes up on the Costco website is an electronic parking brake. I'm curious if anyone has it on their PM and what your impressions are of it?

I have an electronic parking brake on my 2015 VW Tiguan and it works fine but I often wonder whether converting a tried and true manual system is worth it in terms of added complexity and future repair issues.

What exactly does the electronic parking brake give you that the manual handle doesn't?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hand brake handle is in a dumb awkward location anything to get ride of it would be wonderful.
Cable underneath is also in the worst possible location if you want to mount tanks or anything on the underside.

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
If you want to put tanks under the van I'd say go for it. I find the parking brake and lever fine except for when I rotate my swivel seat and then it needs to be of and reset when the seat is reversed, a bit of a pain. On the other hand I would hate to loose the option of doing those rear end sliding turns that we see the rally drivers do up in the Alps. I didn't realize it was an option!

·
Registered
625 Posts
I really, REALLY doubt that an electronic parking brake is an option. More likely the automotive part of the Costco website uses some generic option from one vehicle to another.

*time passes*

Just looked at the NADA Guides website, which works quite well for finding all the options. Listed on there is "Electric Park Brake". However, its also labeled as "LATE AVAILABILITY". Translation: don't wait for it if you want a van soon.

Rather interesting though that its coming as an option. Definitely a nice change for the RV folks. I rather like the location of the parking brake (prefer it to the outside, than the inside as both the Sprinter and Transit). But yeah... the parking rod down the middle of the underside is a royal pain.

Now to learn if it can be retrofitted? Eh... who am I kidding, I'll have my tanks done by then, wouldn't want to redo things.

·
Registered
121 Posts
When I ordered my 2016 PM at the end of October the Electronic Parking Brake was listed on the web site but on the dealer's site it was another one of those "late availability" options . I like the electronic brake in my Leaf but I already waited a year to get factory swivel seats and I'm not willing to wait another year or who nows how long to get that lever out of my way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts