Ram Promaster Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
If you had full sun for 10 hours, you would need 300W of solar panels. But, nobody ever gets the full value out of their panels, so you would probably want to make it 400W. But that is based on ideal conditions. Any shade or clouds or winter days and you are done for. If you really wanted to be able to do this day after day, you'd want more.
That is a big IF, 10 hours of full sun will not happen. Except maybe near the arctic circle in the summer. A more reasonable figure is 6, with maybe 8 in the summer and 4 in the winter, but that is greatly dependent on where you are.

If you want to really do this and have anything else, 700-800Watts of solar and no other loads.

·
Registered
13 Posts
How much electricity (solar powered) will I need to use an 1800 watt toaster oven?
Jut to throw some user input here: I have had several 2000 watt gas generators (Champion, Ryobi, etc.) that would not run a 1500 watt heater on high heat. Go with a big name generator like Generac if you go that route.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Ok, I get it, just use electric oven when I plug in. But I was looking at the Coleman camp oven (above). That looks like it would work if I wanted to bake something. Has anyone tried it?
I have one, never used it in the promaster, but it worked to make canned biscuits when camping. I would probably not try to bake anything like a cake or something like that, but for making things like toast or biscuits it would be ok.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts