Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I found this over at the Ram Body Builders Site, 2016, Electrical/Wiring Information, Upfitter Power Connector. I haven't looked but apparently this plug is located at the bottom of the B pillar.

I'm not an electrical guy but it appears that if I had the mating connector made by MTA, I could use these 2 wires. Pin 1: Is it hot all the time? Pin 2: What does Power Ground mean? Any other info to help me understand the possible uses for these 2 wires would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,692 Posts
wc,

If you have the upfitter option ($35 on my 2014), that plug will be there. On my 2014 it was fused as 50A and connected directly to the battery (as in "always on")

Search for "Upfit Connector" on the forum... there's more info in a thread that's been around for a while! The other half of the connector is there, but you need the Italian sourced "pins" to add to the connector housing, if I remember correctly. I haven't used mine yet. I have used the rear speaker connections which are also part of the Upfit Option on an adjacent connector.

Ed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts