Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First and foremost I'd like to thank KeepOnVaning and ProEddie for their generosity and wisdom. They have assisted by giving me some tools that I have applied to gain the knowledge I'm about to share with you.

The Ram Body Builder's ProMaster Electrical Schematics can be found HERE. You will need MS Internet Explorer to use them.

In the example below, you will need to navigate to Bookmark 28, Internal Lights. Look closely at the "Splice S0001-DIMMING LIGHT" and you will notice "E3 .35 YL/GY" above one of the lines. The line represents a "wire". This is a Yellow wire with a Grey stripe (YL/GY). This is the "dimmer" (DIM) output for the radio, gauges, etc., circuit E3. The wire is .35 inches in diameter. If you follow circuit E3 out to the margin, you will see E3A / [9:A4]. The 9 represents Bookmark 9, location A4.

On the right side of the PDF window, you will see the "Table of Contents". Scroll down (or up) until you reach bookmark 9, "Entertainment", and click on it. In location A4, you will find circuit E3A! (You will also notice that it cross references back to Bookmark 28, Internal Lights, Location F1!) You can follow this to connector D3843A, the RADIO SPARE, and you will see that it is connected to the # A6 pin on this connector.

You can use this method for each drawing, circuit, and connector in this manual. It felt really good to solve this riddle and I hope this helps everyone! Cheers!

OTHER HELPFUL INFO:

DG = dark green, RD = red, WT = white, BK = black, YL = yellow, OR = orange, GY = grey, DB = dark blue, BR = brown, VT = violet (purple?), TN = tan

·
Registered
6 Posts
If I click on the link, all I get is a pdf with the table of contents. None of the links seem to work. I'm using IE but going nowhere. Any suggestions ?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Thanks, I have been looking for the electrical schematics.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bought a 2019 low roof 136 wheel base ram promaster last month. The lighting in my eyes is not good. Want to put leds in front where feet are and lights that come on with the back doors opening. Reading alot about these promasters it seems like wiring is a royal pain in the a$$! If i wire something wrong or etc is my computer in van gonna shut down? Any and all advice appreciated!

·
Registered
795 Posts
Take the advice of many : stay away from the OEM wiring . Van/starter battery to solenoid/interrupter/batt doc to house battery . From there make your own lighting/elec system .

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,501 Posts
I agree with KJSCYHTLFHFIDNDGTRWSDRTFGS! :)D)

That being said, adding a few LED lights to the existing OEM cargo lights doesn't seem to cause any issues as long as you don't mind the timeout that is built in.

I suggest 12V DC LED replacements or additions because they change the total current load very little. In my design, I replaced the back and side cargo lights with small amber LED lights by using a meter to figure out + and - on the existing lights and just connecting the LEDS up the same way. I use amber (yellow?) because they are work well to not attract bugs when you open the doors while camping! You could actually just add the LEDs to the existing cargo lights (paying attention to + and -) and that would work too - that's what I did first.

As far as the front area, I haven't tackled which wires go where, so no additional lighting. I did change the factory lights in the cab ceiling to LEDs.. for brighter lighting.

Google "cargo lights" on this forum for lots of info. Hope that helps a bit!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts