Ram Promaster Forum banner

Did you find this helpful?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
First and foremost I'd like to thank KeepOnVaning and ProEddie for their generosity and wisdom. They have assisted by giving me some tools that I have applied to gain the knowledge I'm about to share with you.

The Ram Body Builder's ProMaster Electrical Schematics can be found HERE. You will need MS Internet Explorer to use them.

In the example below, you will need to navigate to Bookmark 28, Internal Lights. Look closely at the "Splice S0001-DIMMING LIGHT" and you will notice "E3 .35 YL/GY" above one of the lines. The line represents a "wire". This is a Yellow wire with a Grey stripe (YL/GY). This is the "dimmer" (DIM) output for the radio, gauges, etc., circuit E3. The wire is .35 inches in diameter. If you follow circuit E3 out to the margin, you will see E3A / [9:A4]. The 9 represents Bookmark 9, location A4.

On the right side of the PDF window, you will see the "Table of Contents". Scroll down (or up) until you reach bookmark 9, "Entertainment", and click on it. In location A4, you will find circuit E3A! (You will also notice that it cross references back to Bookmark 28, Internal Lights, Location F1!) You can follow this to connector D3843A, the RADIO SPARE, and you will see that it is connected to the # A6 pin on this connector.

You can use this method for each drawing, circuit, and connector in this manual. It felt really good to solve this riddle and I hope this helps everyone! Cheers!

OTHER HELPFUL INFO:

DG = dark green, RD = red, WT = white, BK = black, YL = yellow, OR = orange, GY = grey, DB = dark blue, BR = brown, VT = violet (purple?), TN = tan

Attachments

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
CORRECTION: ".35" stands for .35 circular mils, not inches...

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hey RD. I don't trust Internet Explorer and refuse to use it. I found an extension for Chrome which allows/activates Active X, thereby making the manual "think" you're using IE. It is called IE TAB. It's free and as far as I can tell, has free unlimited use. There is another one called IE ON CHROME. But it looks like the free version only allows you to use it 1hr/mo. They say it is compatible with Chrome on MAC though!

There's also one for Firefox, but I don't know about FF for MAC.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
I run Safari most of the time for compatibility, security, and ease of use. I keep Chrome for the few times Safari doesn't like something and Firefox for the same reason. I have only run into a couple of IE only sites I needed. One is the NH Tax departments downloads! Whats with that? I'll check out IE TAB for when I really need it. Thanks. I do try to avoid IE only sites and try to send a message to them to be more friendly to the NON MS World.

·
Registered
10 Posts
dang

So I'm using Safari, no luck. Tried Chrome, no luck. Can anyone help me? I'd be happy purchasing a hard copy if it would not break the bank.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Scroll up a few (or down depending on your settings) where I mention using "IE Tab" for Chrome. I hope this helps...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice link for the 2014 wiring diagram, is there a link for 2018 Promaster? I tried changing year in the address but didn't work.
I'm looking at adding an Audiovox alarm & need to get connections to the van.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts