Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to turn off the seatbelt buzzer? The modes do not change it. The cluster looks simple. I am frustrated and must remove the tone. It is too loud and senselessly beeping. Of course it's no problem to wear seat belt, however, basic sitting in cab, radio, etc needs a buzzer every time you turn the key.
please help.

·
Registered
386 Posts
the beep is either under the seat or built into the cluster.. might be a bit complicated

you could try to find the speakerphone and mute it by wrapping something around it or removing it entirely.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I don't like the idea of messing with the seat belt buzzer. It may be annoying but that is kinda the point. Annoying enough to make you put your seat belt on, ya know? Does the buzzer still go off if the Promaster is on but still in park?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its complex. The cluster comes out in 30 seconds, however, the circuit board is sealed to the dial gauges. not sure yet.

·
Registered
86 Posts
P { margin-bottom: 0.08in; } The buzzer has to be out in the open to sound so loud.

My 2002 Elantra had 2 buzzers, one under the dash above the gas pedal, (sounded like it was being strangled as I squeezed, twisted and pulled it out) and one in the instrument cluster that I had to cut one of the leads off of.

I'm waiting for the wife to leave town next week so I can pull the cluster and use hot-melt-glue to either quite it, or (SNIP) silence it!

My thought is that the hot melt glue can be removed if need be for resale.

I often have to hop out, look, re-maneuver at low speeds, hop out, look and that buzzer is a pain.

And there seems to be more than one buzzer sound in the dash.

Is there any info on the instrument cluster removal?
I also would like to remove that useless clip board as well so I will have a place up high to put my phone.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I don't like the idea of messing with the seat belt buzzer. It may be annoying but that is kinda the point. Annoying enough to make you put your seat belt on, ya know? Does the buzzer still go off if the Promaster is on but still in park?
This is very true, plus it is a safety thing. Better to have it buzzing and annoying you to be safe and mindful.

·
Registered
86 Posts
This is very true, plus it is a safety thing. Better to have it buzzing and annoying you to be safe and mindful.
Only a couple of times in the last 20 years have I pulled out without a seatbelt on, and as soon as I noticed, I put it on.
It's like riding a motorcycle without a helmet, It just feels wrong.

I can do without that buzzer.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Its complex. The cluster comes out in 30 seconds, however, the circuit board is sealed to the dial gauges. not sure yet.
It sounds like you know how the instrument cluster is removed.

How about sharing the info, and any pictures you might have of the process?

I'd rather find out as much as I can before I break something during the "learning process".

·
Registered
164 Posts
Don't try cutting the wires, there is a resistor switch in the latch that will not send back signal if you cut the pair.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I still think a dab of hot melt glue down it's snout will help a lot in quieting the thing.
I just need to know how to get the dash apart.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I want to get the 3" ridgid seat belt extender for this issue.
Can any-1 say if we have the "Type A", or other?
thanks

·
Registered
810 Posts
Thanks otbiker.
Hey an Amazon question.
Im ordering the running boards brackets...(says free shipping)
Also ordering the running boards (also says free ahipping over 35$)
NOW, when I add these seat belt extenders....it only says free shipping over 35$.
Does that th mean that ill get charged shipping only for those extenders?
Or should I get free shipping on all my items in the same order?

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
My Ford F150 had a sequence of codes that you could punch in to turn it off. So did a friends Grand Cherokee. Is there nothing like this for a PM? I too am annoyed by this alarm.
I have not been able to find info on a code sequence. Tried some other Mopar sequences - no success. I read somewhere that the dealer can adjust volume ( like to 0) ... asked... dealer said he couldn't.

Ed

1 - 20 of 135 Posts