Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I do this? Are those of you who have installed it happy with it? I am concerned it may lead to another area to rattle once the Arizona sun begins to shrink and melt the dashboard. I am intrigued by the swap.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I considered it, but decided I'm going to leave it as is and mount a small monitor for full-time rear view.
So, I'm out.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered the RVS 7" monitor and camera kit that replaces the mirror for full time rear view. I will be adding the bulkhead as I like quiet drives and use my van for mostly work. I was thinking the clipboard might be a nice add-on if we go on long road trips for the wife to have her iPad on or better yet a real Navi!

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
I'm generally happy with mine. However it was accidentally closed with the arm open and now it doesn't latch right. It's hard to explain, but it all works right but the arm to secure it, when I close the arm to lock in the phone in place, the arm closes kind of hard. I think I just need to take it apart and see if something popped loose.

As for use, it's perfect for my line of sight for nav and when I'm not using it, it looks like the normal clip board.

·
Premium Member
7,370 Posts
But those Italian hot motorcycles are expensive. Who knew they had a fold up clipboard we can use in a van? LOL

·
Registered
736 Posts
That's the problem. They brought it over here and stripped all the cool stuff out to make room for 30 airbags because we suck at driving a close 2nd to Russia and put a caravan drivetrain in it.
Thanks FCA. Not a Ducato but close enough, I guess.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I too ordered the radio/trim removal tools but from Amazon. Paid a whopping $15 for the whole set. May come in handy elsewhere. I guess I will order the flip up clip board to be exact and be done with it. If not only to hold my papers in plain view and not laying flat. I have a pro-clip cell phone holder on order that clips between the dash and vent for the phone. As of now, the phone sits in the bottom cup holder doing the navigation for me. The TomTom unit absolutely sucks and is useless. I would have been extremely disappointed if I actually had to order it and wait in anticipation thinking it is Gods gift to the road.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Lol, yea the Nav definitely leaves a bit to be desired. Was uncertain what to do with my phone so I"ve been stuffing it in the shelf below the steering wheel. Anyway, the clipboard showed up today and I'll install it tomorrow. Just playing with it in the kitchen it holds my Note 10 really well. Cool piece of engineering 😁😁

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How long did it take to get to you from the UK?

Any other cool Fiat Ducato things we need from over there that would fit?!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ordered 11/28. That's pretty fast, as for anything else Ducato think I'm good on that front but I've only had the PM for 2 weeks. Still laying out the plans for it

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I ordered the clipboard last night and this morning the status shows it shipped! I am at one week on ownership yet have already must have spent around 3k on crap including wheels and tires. I could certainly use a passenger side armrest. My wife is 5' and light as a feather yet when I make my sharp abrupt turns, she flies into the aisle! LOL
Thats how I get her to put on her belt!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts