Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the vented awning window from CR Lawrence (PW95R) in the passenger side sliding door of my 2017 136” and like it so much I’d like to get one for the driver’s side too. I have dual sliders though and their catalogue doesn’t list a window for driver’s side slider (prob too rare to bother). Anyone see any reason that the passenger side window couldn’t also be fit in the driver’s side slider?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I added the 2nd window successfully to the driver’s side slider. Same (FW395R) as I used for the passenger slider. The opening for adding the window is in the symmetric center of the door so it worked like a charm.

I bought from DK Hardware and avoided freight by picking up locally, may work for you depending on where you are located. $526.

Good luck.!

Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I'm in the same predicament and would love some insight. Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
The windows are not the same. The non-slider left door window has a radius at the front of the glass. Also, the right slider front glass is fixed, so you cant pry it open and open the door from the outside.

I was surprised that there were two different windows when I was ordering them. After I got them, I saw the differences.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hope I don't derail the thread to much.

Also, the right slider front glass is fixed, so you cant pry it open and open the door from the outside.
I'm about to order one of these (passenger side) but have never seen one in person. Is the fixed forward half of the glass similar to the rear opening side and just bolted shut or is it permanently bonded or a continuous piece of glass w/ the top part? I'm curious if a person adept at fabricating (myself) could restore a tilting feature to the front half w/o a ton of work. I can work around the reach in/security issue.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The fixed forward part of that glass is bonded in some way. Doesn’t look like it would be easy to fab a tilt mechanism to that. FYI, the fixed part is about 25” long and the venting part is about 30”.

Hope I don't derail the thread to much.

Also, the right slider front glass is fixed, so you cant pry it open and open the door from the outside.
I'm about to order one of these (passenger side) but have never seen one in person. Is the fixed forward half of the glass similar to the rear opening side and just bolted shut or is it permanently bonded or a continuous piece of glass w/ the top part? I'm curious if a person adept at fabricating (myself) could restore a tilting feature to the front half w/o a ton of work. I can work around the reach in/security issue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts