Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

After 20+ years of building and flying drones I decided to somewhat retire and build a mobile drone adventure/surveillance van that i can travel the country and share amazing locations that others would not be able to visit.

My biggest goal was for me to fly the drone from inside the vehicle, safe and secure, away from the elements. Below is a short video of drone operation.

Ill be posting a "van tour" and "build" video soon...
I hope you enjoy

·
Registered
793 Posts
Hello All,

After 20+ years of building and flying drones I decided to somewhat retire and build a mobile drone adventure/surveillance van that i can travel the country and share amazing locations that others would not be able to visit.

My biggest goal was for me to fly the drone from inside the vehicle, safe and secure, away from the elements. Below is a short video of drone operation.

Ill be posting a "van tour" and "build" video soon...
I hope you enjoy
That is very cool - Thanks

FYI, to fly a drone in Canada you now need a special “Drone Pilot License“. I’m glad USA has not gone to those extreme.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
When we bought our property a few years ago, I was talking about getting a cheap $150 drone from tractor supply to assess everything from above, check my survey work, put in trails, etc.
My wife went out and spent a big chunk of change and surprised me with a really nice drone. I was a little upset that she spent that kinda money on a toy. But I got over it as soon as I played with it.
I plan to bring it along when we take trips, in case we are in areas where I can take some nice aerial shots.
I had to register it and it is limited to 400' elevation. That's above ground and not ASL, but I'll have to check regs wherever we are.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

FYI, to fly a drone in Canada you now need a special “Drone Pilot License“. I’m glad USA has not gone to those extreme.
The USA is pretty strict as well. When the FAA first started letting us fly i actually had to get a real pilot license to fly a drones for commercial work.. it has since changed and now its a $175 test online to get a drone pilot license. getting my single engine pilot license cost me around $8000 so it much better now

·
Premium Member
137 Posts

To fly for any business in USA you need a Drone pilot license as well, 60 part test that you need to pass...Source....me I have a commercial drone pilots license

Unless you mean even recreationaly because that would be super lame

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
The USA is pretty strict as well. When the FAA first started letting us fly i actually had to get a real pilot license to fly a drones for commercial work.. it has since changed and now its a $175 test online to get a drone pilot license. getting my single engine pilot license cost me around $8000 so it much better now
Wait what how recent was this change? I got my drone pilot license about 6 months ago and I didn't get to do it online

1 - 8 of 8 Posts