Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 PM 2500 Camper Vandemic
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I had the drivers side door latch stop working such that the door won't stay closed anymore. On the positive side, I guess that is better than not being able to open the door! A couple bungies later and the door is shut, but I'd like to go for a more permanent fix.

I pulled the door panel and can't see anything obviously wrong. It seems like this is a pretty easy repair to replace the whole mechanism (which is also luckily half the cost of the passenger door), except that it is a tight squeeze for a lot of it.

I'm in southern WA, heading to OR and then CA and was hoping someone might have a suggestion on a place to take it for repair...

·
Registered
2019 Ram Promaster 136 HT Gasser Stealth Work Van Weekend Camper
240 Posts
Most likely latch is hanging up in door latch mechanism. WD40 the latch , Simultaneously pull on door handle and with a screwdriver release latch that I highlighted in picture.

Screenshot_20210407-220908~2.png

·
Premium Member
2017 PM 2500 Camper Vandemic
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks... it isn't hanging up... it isn't latching and staying down when I close the door. It springs back up on its own. If I move it around with my finger, it moves freely. The passenger side, when you push it down with your finger, it stays down and you have to pull the handle to 'unlatch' it.

Most likely latch is hanging up in door latch mechanism. WD40 the latch , Simultaneously pull on door handle and with a screwdriver release latch that I highlighted in picture.

View attachment 73249

1 - 4 of 4 Posts