Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Diesel PM, 2015, 2500 hi-top
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My top mirror, driver side rear-view mirror, was busted out. Rather than get a whole entire new unit for $170, does anyone know if I can buy just the thin black ABS afixed w/mirror? it's about 8x10 and has a center hold and pinchers for mounting on the unit and swiveling manually (don't have power mirror).
see pix.
Can't find a Mopar mirror replacement, need to buy the entire unit, seems ridiculous to me . . .

Attachments

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,447 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
Sometimes $het happens and we have to spend the $170. If the dealer parts folks say the mirror part is not available separately, get it at RockAuto for $121

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, knew you'd all come thru for me! I found it overseas! looks exactly like what I need, cause I went back where it popped off (someone ran over it) and picked it up, very mangled, but at least I know what to look for. This overseas mirror has all the exact clips, holes, shape, etc. no doubt it's the very same thing I need. Will order . . . thanks much again.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ducato Mirror fits ProMaster, Mission Accomplished for $100 cheaper

Follow-up on KilwerBzz's suggestion to buy driver-side-view-mirror at ****'s Garage overseas. The mirror fits! I bought the "passenger" mirror for $57 USD (they reverse driver/passenger) which was busted out by a rock or something, and then someone ran over it, mangling it - I pulled over, got out, and saved my road kill. Ram/Dodge dealer wanted $160 plus tax for the entire unit and told me the mirror couldn't be sold seperately, telling me I had to buy the entire unit. Since the back of my mangled mirror looked exactly like **** Garage's picture of the back of their Ducato mirror (all the same cut-outs and clips), I ordered it - scroll down to item 1165329

http://www.micksgarage.com/search.a...o&fffModelDescription=ducato van 2006 onwards

Although it fits, much pressure needs to be exerted to pop that backside circle-rim into place, so friend Ron made a plywood cut-out and we both exerted pressure around the entire mirror (protected with bubblewrap to prevent scratching) so it wouldn't crack under un-even pressure. It popped in nicely. So I saved $100 plus tax by buying this item for $57 (included shipping), nice eh? Thank you ProMaster Forum.

Attachments

·
Registered
338 Posts
I noticed on freeway/interstate travels at speeds above say 60 mph my passenger side mirror wiggles around quite a bit enough so that I have to adjust it with my control knob when I reach my destination.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm, doesn't sound good. Could be that the circular ridge behind the mirror is not sitting on that connecting circle fully, but you could be missing some crucial plastic clips behind there too, hard to say because plastic is always chipping/breaking, although this is ABS so maybe not. I'd try making a mirror press like the one we made from plywood, get another 2 hands, and with all four hands, press it in with the plywood/bubblewrap and see if it pops in better, my suggestion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts