Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I do a lot of traveling in my PM and the driver seat is killing me. I've tried various means of improving lumbar support but there's just something about this seat that doesn't agree with my back.

I've looked up different RV captains chairs, but I'm interested in knowing if anyone on this forum has upgraded their seat with something that offers more support and if so how simple/difficult was the installation.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,198 Posts
Wait 7 way? I thought I got the best seats and mine are 6 way. Does my optional swivel count as the 7th?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you mean by 6-way that it raises and lowers and tilts, then yes. I have that seat. I have back issues so most seats hurt after a while, but for some reason this seat just doesn’t work for me no matter what I try.

Do you have the optional 6 way seat? (RDinNHandAZ, thanks for the correction)
Very happy with mine.
Surely there are more options, try Groogle.

·
Registered
339 Posts
... 6 way would perhaps be front up/down, rear up/down, rake, fwd/back, swivel & lumbar on mine...

·
Premium Member
7,198 Posts
I understand you are uncomfortable and unfortunately there is not much for choices. Go to the biggest RV dealer near you and see if any are using a seat you like in their RV. The origional seat has proven itself to most PM users so you may not find anything.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello,

I do a lot of traveling in my PM and the driver seat is killing me. I've tried various means of improving lumbar support but there's just something about this seat that doesn't agree with my back.

I've looked up different RV captains chairs, but I'm interested in knowing if anyone on this forum has upgraded their seat with something that offers more support and if so how simple/difficult was the installation.

Thanks
You may know this, but Ram does have a Driver Suspension Seat as an option. You may find one in a Promaster on a nearby dealer lot that you could try out. I do know some OTR drivers that spent thousands on a "smart" seat that automatically cancels out bumps etc. Good luck with your quest.

·
Registered
276 Posts
You may know this, but Ram does have a Driver Suspension Seat as an option. You may find one in a Promaster on a nearby dealer lot that you could try out. I do know some OTR drivers that spent thousands on a "smart" seat that automatically cancels out bumps etc. Good luck with your quest.
Excellent idea. Over the Road (OTR) truckers often have these.
Tend to be a bit pricey but yes.
Wonder how much one would cost...

·
Super Moderator
6,992 Posts
Probably $1500-$2500. Comfort ain’t cheap (so I’ve been told). This site has them but the pricing is not obvious without giving more info out than I would prefer considering I’m not a future buyer.

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts