Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 6'5 280lbs. When I sit in the drivers seat I feel like a gorilla sitting on a lemon. The seat is high, it does not adjust up or down. The headliner and windshield meet where I look out the windshield, the arm rest on door is not useful at all. I have to lay over to rest my arm on it Anybody else my size have these problems. Are there other options. My company went to these vans after Ford announced they would discontinue the E150s. For me it's not very comfortable and no going back to dealership. And where is the battery located. I have got to have some power points that are hot all the time.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Seat height?

At least one person on here (bulldogneon) cut down the seat base to make it shorter. I don't think there was much info posted on doing it. If you look at the base it looks to me like it would be a challenge doing it.

The only swap/bolt-in solution would be this...

I found these on-line. http://www.marcleleisure.co.uk/store/lower-seat-fiatpeugeotcitroen-swivel-included-p-4103.html

I haven't taken any measurements to verify they are indeed the same as "our" seat bases but my bet is they are. They are intended to lower the base height (1 1/2") so when a swivel base is added, it won't raise the seat. The swivels are approximately 1 1/2' high.

Don't know of any available in the US yet though. It would be great if somebody like www.eurocampers.com, that sells the swivels, would start selling them also.

Don't know if that would help a 6'5" guy much?

As a note, the seat does adjust up and down. There are two adjusters on the side. One raises/lowers the front and the other the back portion of the seat.

The battery is located under the floor, at your feet. A quarter is just about perfect for turning the latches...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. They didn't buy the option to raise and lower seat when they bought mine. I'll check that link.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm 6'5 280lbs. When I sit in the drivers seat I feel like a gorilla sitting on a lemon. The seat is high, it does not adjust up or down.
Wait a minute, you're saying your driver's seat did not come with the height/tilt adjustment? This is the base/standard seat? Hmmm ...

·
Premium Member
Master Overland Custom Vans Tampa
883 Posts
A swivel for the Promaster is about 1.57 inches high and the seat is thus even higher.
If one needs a 1.57 inches lower seat-console, can buy here:
www.reimo.com/de/59548-niedriger_sitzkasten_ducato_250_ab_2006_fuer/
or at its US-Partner www.eurocampers.com

Manufacturer: www.sports-craft.de/mx_cm/doku/produktkatalog.pdf
(page 21 - unfortunately only in German)

You can't buy this at eurocampers.com and I don't know why you keep calling them their U.S. Partner.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
604 Posts
A swivel for the Promaster is about 1.57 inches high and the seat is thus even higher.
If one needs a 1.57 inches lower seat-console, can buy here:
www.reimo.com/de/59548-niedriger_sitzkasten_ducato_250_ab_2006_fuer/
or at its US-Partner www.eurocampers.com

Manufacturer: www.sports-craft.de/mx_cm/doku/produktkatalog.pdf
(page 21 - unfortunately only in German)

I've looked at www.eurocampers.com. I don't see them listed there. I do wish they carried them though.

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
I contacted Steve at Eurocampers.com about a particular sink I was interested in and he suggested I check the Reimo site and if they had it he could get it. It didn't sound like they were competing from Steve's point of view. I thought it was a good offer as arranging purchases and shipping from Germany for us can be tricky especially if something goes awry. DAHIK! They did not cary the sink.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
I contacted Steve at Eurocampers.com about a particular sink I was interested in and he suggested I check the Reimo site and if they had it he could get it. It didn't sound like they were competing from Steve's point of view. I thought it was a good offer as arranging purchases and shipping from Germany for us can be tricky especially if something goes awry. DAHIK! They did not cary the sink.

They are competing if I purchase a product he carries from Reimo directly. I need swivels and can purchase them cheaper overseas even including shipping. The only reason I would purchase from Steve is because swivels have been known to be hit or miss so returns would be easier.

·
Registered
233 Posts
You can't buy this at eurocampers.com and I don't know why you keep calling them their U.S. Partner.

jostalli,

Unless something has changed since may 21 2015 Eurocampers is in fact Reimo US dealer. Please see below for the email I received from Reimo's export manager.

Match the company name, address and phone numbers and you get Eurocamper.

To bad for us that Steve or Whom ever owns Eurocamper's has chosen not to stock in the US much of Reimo campers really useful conversion products. Reimo may be thinking the same as they are looking for dealers in North America. Anyone out there interested?

jostalli have you been able to buy direct from Reimo? They tell me they cannot at this time sell direct (again see email below).

Can you share with us some of the Euro dealers you have found that are willing to export to the US and Canada?

Cheers,

Dave

Hi there,

thank you very much for your interest in Reimo proudcst.
We are not organized to send out goods to the public outside of Germany
but actually are seeking for dealers in US and Canada.
Would you be interested to have regular business with Reimo or are you just looking
for some particular items ??

If last is the case would recommend to contact SKL Enterprises who are our dealer in the US.

Name . . . . : SKL Enterprises Inc.
:
:
Straße . . . : 4965 West Four Ridge Rd.
PLZ/Ort: 63051 House Springs MO
Land . . . : USA Anrede :
Etik.Firmierg:
Telefon . . : 001 636-337-7700
Mobil-Telefon: 0013146140750

Kind Regards / Cordialement / Un saludo / Cordiali saluti /مع جزيل الاحترام والتقدير / Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Pls, always mention your customer nr./SVP, mentionnez toujours votre n° de client/Pf, indique siempre su n° de cliente/Pf, indichi sempre il suo n° di cliente/Bitte, geben Sie immer Ihre Kundennummer an

Ortwin Richter
Chief Export Manager

Tel.: 0049 6150 8662 238
Fax: 0049 6150 8662 266
E-Mail: [email protected]

https://www.youtube.com/user/ReimoCamping
https://www.facebook.com/ReimoCom
http://blog.reimo.com/

Reimo Reisemobil-Center GmbH
Am Rotböll 17-19
64331 Weiterstadt
GERMANY
www.reimo.com

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
It looks like Reimo is eager to get a new dealer in North America. That would be really nice. It's just that easy to become a dealer...just ask!

I guess I misspoke as I have never purchased directly from Reimo. I have, however reached out to several companies who carry Reimo products during my research. Most will ship to the U.S.

One thing I noticed on eBay is any seller can ship internationally without doing anything but clicking the allow international shipping box. eBay takes care of the rest. So, if you find something on eBay that says they don't ship to the U.S. Just tell them to check the box and it's done. Gives you a shipping quote and let's you check out as normal.

·
Registered
233 Posts
jostalli,

Normally it would not be so easy to become a dealer/distributor of products, but I suspect that Reimo's qualifying specifications would be relaxed do to their lack of penetration into the North American Market. Manufacturers like to have their full range of products represented at their dealers with good sell through. I would guess that Eurocampers falls short on both fronts. Given Eurocampers are Reimo's only North American dealer, If I were Reimo I'd be looking for additional dealers to bump up their representation and volume.

Hein you out there and want fill out your product line;)

Thanks for the advice on the eBay international buying.

Cheers,

Dave

It looks like Reimo is eager to get a new dealer in North America. That would be really nice. It's just that easy to become a dealer...just ask!

I guess I misspoke as I have never purchased directly from Reimo. I have, however reached out to several companies who carry Reimo products during my research. Most will ship to the U.S.

One thing I noticed on eBay is any seller can ship internationally without doing anything but clicking the allow international shipping box. eBay takes care of the rest. So, if you find something on eBay that says they don't ship to the U.S. Just tell them to check the box and it's done. Gives you a shipping quote and let's you check out as normal.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Anyone had problems getting products from Eurocampers?
Not looking to bash them but I ordered a week and a half ago and it still hasn't shipped yet. Eurocampers told me last Wed it would ship that day, still nothing from them or the manufacturer.
They sure didn't wait to Bill me for the product!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I know Steve and have been a Eurocampers customer for at least 15 years.
I have many times asked Steve and his son about products available in Europe that we can't get here. If its not on their site I ask if they can get it; most times its yes and no matter the answer they always respond. Only time I got a no from Eurocampers was when I was looking for a windshield visor for the Travato; Steve was worried that in some states they would be considered illegal and block the windshield.
Eurocampers have donated door prizes to camping events that I have attended. I consider the folks at Eurocampers honest, trustworthy, and fair; but not always the lowest price.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thanks Lynnandj, wasn't questioning their integrity.
Just wondering if this is normal business where it takes weeks for products to ship.
I would just like businesses to be upfront if it takes a long time to get products from overseas, manufacturers, etc.
That way I know what I am dealing with and if I have a tight schedule I can look for other options.
This is the first time dealing with this company and on the surface it would appear service is lacking, but maybe this is a fluke.
I did ask them to cancel the order, we will see if they respond to my email.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts