Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the deal with the two front windows not going down all the way? Is there a way to have them adjusted to go all the way down? Thanks

·
Registered
164 Posts
What's the deal with the two front windows not going down all the way? Is there a way to have them adjusted to go all the way down? Thanks
They can't go down all the way because there is not enough room lengthwise. This is because the wheel well cut out in the door construction. Many rear doors on cars do the same thing.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Van is more "bus like" than "truck like" The only way to make the windows go all
the way down ,is to move wheels and engine forward. I measured the track and it is
26 inches and that would go past the door to the wheel.
One of the disadvantage of big cargo for the size of van.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ok...I understand why they dont go down. Does it drive anyone crazy? I like to drive with my arm leaning on the window jamb and sometimes out on the side. I see it has a big ledge, but not sure how comfortable it is. Im selling my Sprinter and want a Promaster but wondering if that would make me insane.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Win win

The windows can be cut with some kind of an abrasive saw or grinder so as to be short enough to open all the way. That way you can hang your arm out and let your hair blow in the breeze. Then when you roll the window back up your hair can STILL blow in the breeze.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I find the arm rest both generous and positioned just right for my seating position. As for the windows, in any amount of opening , 3 inches or full open , the van at even highway speeds has the quietest interior noise of any vehicle I can recall. Without the usual buffeting in other vehicles with windows open , conversation is still easy . Anyone else notice this ' feature' ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
The arm rest is the same height as the top of the window in the down position.
Had 4 Sprinters. Happy to be here...
Actually...I just took another test drive. The window is higher than the armrest and the it seems to be over too much. Like you're sitting more towards the center and it's somewhat of a stretch to put your arm on it. My opinion, not looking to pick a fight please.

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
Spark949, you are right on both counts. The window is about 5 inches above the armrest but it is irrelevant as it is a long reach to the window arm rest not to speak about the window! I agree the seat is towards the center and if it was easy I would like it a couple of inches out. If both the driver’s and passenger’s seat were moved out then I could easily move to the rear of the van with both armrest down. I have a swivel on the driver’s seat so moving the seat out might complicate the swivel. The seat has an airbag and the pillar near it may too. Engineers did the sapcing for some reason I would guess. My son is an engineer so I understand their solutions sometimes involve necessary compromises.
All in all the van is very comfortable to drive and ride in. These are nit-picks really. My wife who can be very uncomfortable in a vehicle loves the van and it is her first choice to go anywhere in.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the reply...yes I know I'm nit picking...heh...i hate my sprinter because of the diesel problems it has had but love how it drives and the space I have at the top of the windshield. Not to mention the left door armrest that I find comfortable. I got a great price from the dealer on a not white leftover but having a little trouble pulling the trigger. The new van has a lot of options but missing a couple I really wanted (side door window, cruise, composite floor). But I can I can certainly install them later.
I see you're in NH.. I was just up at a friend house on lake Winnipesaukee last week and my son lives in Francestown. Love NH..
Fred

·
Premium Member
8,585 Posts
I’m about 10 miles from the lake. Next time PM me.
The cruise is doable for about what the option cost plus some labor, the side window can be cut into the door for reasonable $ and the floor is an unknown to me. BTW I am a big booster of the diesel and it is now trouble free. I have a few vehicles and only my Miata runs cheaper! Wow a Non-white! They are rare. Those Sprinter diesels did poison the water big time. I keep running into folks who swear never to own an oil burner again. VW did not help!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts