Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning gunk out of the plastic well between the windshield and the hood and noticed a hole that was obstructed near the base of the drivers side wiper blade. I got a bunch of gunk out before realizing that a hose was attached below, which is visible in the rear of the engine compartment.

The hose appears to attach to a metal piece near the bottom rear of the engine compartment, but I could not determine exactly how or why.

Is this simply a drain through to the ground? I can feel that the hose has a bunch of leaves, acorns, and goop in it, and I'm considering trying to flush it with a hose. Will this work or are their screens or there unseen obstructions to deal with?

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
7,185 Posts
I seem to remember that one issue with this van has been that drainage and that at one time water got on the top of the engine and in some electronics and the hose was added. I seem to remember the NA built PM has solved the water problem with the parts you may be working on.

See:http://www.promasterforum.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-42082.html

There have been notes about keeping that free of debris and that it prevents the issues I mentioned. I might try running a plastic drain cleaner down to pull up as much as you can and then hose it out to prevent a clog while cleaning it. I am not at my van so I cannot trace where it exits sorry.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Get a weed wacker line and push it thru that hose to clean out the junk. That's the way I do it. There is also another drain on the passenger side. In a real hard rain that drain cannot carry out the water and the water overflows into the engine compartment on top of the fuse box.

My hose doesn't go to the rear of the engine as you stated yours does. Mine goes down by the fender well and drains.

You will see that the plastic cowl cover on the windshield is two pieces in the center. Under that there is a foam strip. Water gets in there and drains on the engine. I put Gorilla tape on the seam, it helped a little bit.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I noticed mine gathers pine tree trash that blows around here in storms. I flushed it when I wash the truck. Nice time to check fluids too.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I shot the pressure washer at the carwash through the large hole to successfully clear the debris. The same decided second, smaller drain was too small to use that strategy, so I'll probably try the weed whacker line for that drain. Thanks all for the feedback.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts