Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I decided I might need to adjust my headlights so I pulled the eyebrows from above the headlights and immediately noticed the small drains from above them were clogged. Here is a set of pictures and the advice “Go out and clean these drains!”
1. use your Leatherman to loosen the two thumb screws that hold the plastic eyebrows
2. place your hand flat under the eyebrow and push up and it will pop free, set it aside
3. locate the drain and use a small blade to clean as much as you can wipe with a rag
4. use water or your air hose (my choice) to force any remaining debris down the tube
5. check with water for fluid flow.
6. replace the eyebrow by inserting its clip on the smallest side under the van’s A pillar and lower to a flat position
7. feeling for the clips to center then push down until they click in
8. replace the two thumbscrews

·
Registered
155 Posts
Mine are clogged EVERY TIME I check, even a week after I cleaned them last. I think the design is terrible as the drains are much too small to handle any real world debris. I bought some 1/2" thru-hull fittings and hose to upgrade my drains, but haven't done the install yet. I will update with results when I get to it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts