Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Ram Promaster 2500 159" diesel
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm testing the Pids so no bad info is sent to the www I'll hold off on the actual Pid code. But here's a screen shot. The DPF regen should be 1,2,3 or 4 and 4 would be regen just bad math on my part. The DPF capacity should jump from 65% to 100% that is when regen should take place. I have changed evey thing from Fahrenheit (°F) to Celsius (°C) and will have to check for C's where kPa and % should be. But I'm getting feed back from the truck, will see.:nerd:
dpf2 Capture.JPG

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
This is really good info, so many unanswered questions regarding the CEL problems...

This stuff is not rocket science, this is the proper approach, from new record all the scan parameters, as the vehicle ages
look for changes in the benchmark readings.. this is just as important as changing your oil and keeping air in the tires.

Each vehicle should come with a sheet from the builder showing all the bench mark parameters for all systems.

Of course it would help if service personnel knew something about what they were working on!!

The entire industry is at a cross roads and the customer is caught in the middle of quite a mess..

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update coming tonight!! I believe I had ignition and burn. Oh and if you think some custom pids will get rid of that wart on your nose, think again.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Here’ the update.

Here’ the update.
It does seem to work even though I’ve had software, hardware problems and cel’s. Most my problems came from not following Norm’s advice. PLEASE READ FOLLOW AND UNDERSTAND THE INSTRUCTIONS THAT CAME WITH YOUR TOOLS AND EQUITMENT.
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY WEAR READING GLASSES WHILE READING.
My problems were recording, logging and viewing too many PID’S too fast. I lowered the settings on the software and log fewer pids seems to work. The cel’s were U code and they have shown up before and may not be related to the custom pids. I entered my codes on blind faith and I’m just now looking at the structure. Backward engineering is what you call it.
Here are two screen shots both have four day’s, day after burn day of burn and two days before burn. Both shots are of the same day’s just different times. Look at cap sum 1 line 125 I think burn starts there stops when I shut er down mid burn. My dpf cap is reading 20% and rising now just like it should.
OBD Fusion( Touch scan) is the app I used may work with Scan Gauge 2 if your app software allows custom pids try it. Following is a copy and paste for your spreadsheet (openoffice-calc) delimiter coma only.

WARNING: MAY CAUSE FAULT CODES IF ENTERED WRONG. YOU ARE RESPOSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS. THIS IS FOR READING ONLY
PLEASE READ FOLLOW AND UNDERSTAND THE INSTRUCTIONS THAT CAME WITH YOUR TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT AND MOST IMPORTANTLY WEAR READING GLASSES WHILE READING
Information
Information,,,,Units,,,,,,OBD Information,(xx)zzz,xx(zzz)
Name, Description,Category,Manufacturer,Metric Units,English Units,Min Value,Max Value,Metric to English Scale Factor,Metric to English Offset,Module Header,(First two #) OBD Mode,( last #'s) Pid Number,Priority,Equation

Ddpf cap,Ddpf cap,Engine,Generic,%,%,0,100,1, ,ECM,01,8b,verylow low medium mediumhigh high,(c*100)/255

Had to include the warnings
I suggest you read this before you enter codes J1979DA - SAE Standards - SAE International
http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9046&d=1340545020

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8