Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am interested in trading my brand new 2015 double passenger seat for a new single. Its' black and gray cloth. Would be willing to swap the driver seat too if color doesn't match.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks ha3Dy_j1s, for the heads up.

I’m no airbag expert but, other than perhaps the airbag that’s embedded in the side of the seat itself, I don’t see how this could incapacitate the rest of the airbags. From my understanding, sensors to deploy the airbags are located in the front bumper and doors. Many, like myself, are interested in replacing factory seats for RV style chairs that swivel. Rv style chairs don’t have an embedded airbag anyways, so not having it wouldn’t matter. It would stand to reason that the rest of the airbags (curtain airbags, front airbags and knee airbags) would remain functional.

The problem with the double seat is in the base. One needs the single seat style base to attach a swivel plate & RV chair to it. Another approach I’m seriously considering is to obtain a base from another source. Purchase the RV chair & swivel and then transfer all the airbag & pressure plate components over from the factory chair.

·
Registered
137 Posts
The seat must "sense" that someone is seated and that they are heavy enough to trigger the bag being activated, otherwise the bag(s) are off.

This ^^ is the reason folks are struggling to make the conversion, a double seat has more to sense/senses differently than a single seat.

Thanks ha3Dy_j1s, for the heads up.

I’m no airbag expert but, other than perhaps the airbag that’s embedded in the side of the seat itself, I don’t see how this could incapacitate the rest of the airbags. From my understanding, sensors to deploy the airbags are located in the front bumper and doors. Many, like myself, are interested in replacing factory seats for RV style chairs that swivel. Rv style chairs don’t have an embedded airbag anyways, so not having it wouldn’t matter. It would stand to reason that the rest of the airbags (curtain airbags, front airbags and knee airbags) would remain functional.

The problem with the double seat is in the base. One needs the single seat style base to attach a swivel plate & RV chair to it. Another approach I’m seriously considering is to obtain a base from another source. Purchase the RV chair & swivel and then transfer all the airbag & pressure plate components over from the factory chair.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are you still interested in trading seats.Just bought a 2016 with a sngl seat and need a dbl for my kids Im in naples florida 239 980 3312 thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts