Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone get the "DOT CERTIFIED ROADSIDE SAFETY KIT"?

Is it worth it? What does it include (the Ram site doesn't list contents, just that DOT stands for Department of Transportation, so thanks for that!) ?

This Paul Sherry guy's page seems to say it includes these options below, but wondering if anyone's actually gotten it?:

4. DOT-Certified Roadside Safety Kit – For original equipment confidence, Ram ProMaster offers an available Department of Transportation (DOT)-certified roadside safety kit

Inside the stowable Ram duffle bag:

3 reflecting warning triangles
2 red vinyl flags
Spare fuses
Fire extinguisher
DOT-certified first aid kit​

:)PP

·
Super Moderator
9,042 Posts
It depends on the price, I guess. Personally I wouldn't get it unless it was well under $75 or so. The same thing with the towing package - you can buy the hitch and wire loom on line for under $175 and it's a very simple quick install. UHaul also has them for cheap including installation.

·
Premium Member
855 Posts
It's worth it if you plan on traveling through Mexico as one of the common tricks with cops is to ask if you have a road safety kit. If you don't then you must "pay a fine".

Not that you asked but you also must carry a white sheet or else it's another fine. The white sheet is of course to cover up dead bodies if and when you see one. Not joking.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got confirmation from dealer so figured would update this thread. Below.
:)PP

> Here is what the DOT kit is and a link attached to the product kit itself that would come with the van if ordered it.
Mopar Accessories#293-82212727AB
DOT-Certified Roadside Safety Kit
· 2011-12 Dodge Ram 1500/2500/3500 & 3500/4500/5500 Chassis Cab
Includes:
· (3) 17" Reflective Triangles
· (2) Red Emergency Flags
· Fire Extinguisher with UL rating of 10 B:C
· (10) Vehicle Specific Fuses

http://www.jegs.com/i/Mopar+Accessories/293/82212727AB/10002/-1?CAWELAID=230006180000979672&CAGPSPN=pla&catargetid=230006180000850108&cadevice=c&gclid=COrevt2a7MMCFUM1aQodwZ0AWQ

·
Registered
604 Posts
I think you could buy a lot of beer with what you'd save buying a duffle bag and everything else to go in it at Walmart or the like.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts