Ram Promaster Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just replaced my door speakers with 6.5" Rockford Fosgate units. I had to cut spacers from 3/4" MDF to get them far enough from the steel that they would fit, and that was on top of the doodoo plastic spacer from the factory. The hole the magnet would go in was too small for the basket on the new speakers.

There is a difference in sound quality, but not an insane difference. I think Charged021 may be right about it being too open back there.

Thank you, Charged021 for the VERY helpful writeup on removing the door panel to access the speaker. You saved me a lot of time!

Next on the list is an under seat subwoofer.

·
Registered
58 Posts
The speaker cover just pops off! Lightly pull from the front! Done.;)
Can you (or the mods) please edit this comment to reflect your confusion? Almost destroyed my door trying to pull off the speaker cover before returning to this thread and realizing you were incorrect about this :crying:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Speaker Update

anybody have any new info on speakers for the PMC? Any update on those Alpines listed to posts above?
I can confirm that the speakers that cutndry recommended do NOT work in the promaster city. The magnets do not fit. Would love a suggestion of what speakers do fit.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts