Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday while driving in the rain (300 mile trip with about 25 miles to go, temps 38 to 41 degrees) I was treated to doors unlocking themselves (all of them!) and the dash display saying "rear door open". Needless to say all doors were properly closed and I was doing about 70 down the interstate. This state also switches on the interior lights which is not what I want when driving at night in the rain with poor visibility.

When I reached my destination I could not lock the van. The key fob just caused the flashers to flash about 10 or 12 times rapidly. The key itself only locks the drivers door and the back doors, not either of the doors on the passenger side. This is of course just what I need in a strange town at night. After much cursing I eventually found the door lock pad at the rear of the passenger side sliding door (and it's mate on the body) and cleaned the pads and worked the spring loaded sensors in the door itself. This has worked and allowed the locks to work but I know that my fiddling is only a temporary fix.

Any help and advice will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I've had something similar happen to me. Slamming the door a little harder or adjusting the door latch will fix it for you.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've had something similar happen to me. Slamming the door a little harder or adjusting the door latch will fix it for you.
Excuse my ignorance but how do I accomplish this while driving on a busy interstate? I had been driving for 3 hours when this started.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Excuse my ignorance but how do I accomplish this while driving on a busy interstate? I had been driving for 3 hours when this started.
Pull over and slam the door? Haha.. perhaps a piece of tape over it...but yeah there's not much you can while you're driving.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2017 Ram 1500 Promaster and just realized that the little pad you are referring too that sits in the sliding door well is not there... as in its been removed... I can see the dirt ring around where it used to be. I bought the van AS-IS and I’m not sure the dealership is going to help me... So Ive gone to the internet to try and find out what a new “door pad” is going to cost. But I cant find it anywhere. Does anyone know the real name of that connector?... Ive searched for Door Contacts, Mopar Electrical Parts lists... alll over the place and NOTHING... Any help apreciated!!!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts