Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at the risk of sounding stupid...this seems so simple but as of yet i cannot figure this out...
i start the engine, throw the mascot/dog on the front seat, close the doors WITH THE A/C ON...and i want to lock the doors...how? even if you are in the vehicle, how the **** do you lock the doors?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i just did a search and others are asking the same question...how to lock the doors when the engine is running! there has to be a hack in the computer

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i guess what i'll have to do is find the component that receives the signal from the fob, then find the wire that sends the signal that the engine is running and kill it...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so i figured out what i'm gonna do...i will remove the passenger side door handle...then all i have to do is physically lock the drivers door, done!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I like bulldogneon's idea but without actually removing the lever. I don't have the expertise like he does to do bodywork and repaint, it would be more like a piece of sheet metal riveted over the hole.
I spent some time today trying to come up with a better idea, but there doesn't seem to be one. I thought the manual said something about pressing the fob once and it only opens the drivers door and twice to open everything. Anyone know how to program it to work that way? I guess I could disengage the outside lever so the door can't be opened from the outside.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
coincidentally the fob DOES unlock the door that you locked mechanically with the key but WILL NOT lock it/them (when the vehicle is running)...my computer guy said he looked for an option with his scanner to change that but did not see one...

·
Registered
81 Posts
coincidentally the fob DOES unlock the door that you locked mechanically with the key but WILL NOT lock it/them (when the vehicle is running)...my computer guy said he looked for an option with his scanner to change that but did not see one...
I'm going to have to check with the local car alarm guy and see what he can do to customize what the factory fob can do, or maybe use an aftermarket system. There's got to be a way to make it work differently for our needs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts