Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ill need to put Loctite on these 10mm nuts
after 1500 miles..ive had to tighten these up a bunch of times already...

imo total lack of quality control..ive notice blue hash marks at all the nuts , bolts and adjustment points,,
just wondering ?

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
I had to tighten these once when the van was a few months old and have had no trouble for almost 18 months since.

·
Premium Member
8,809 Posts
LOL, the blue marks are QC for the factory just what you say is missing! No problems in my first 30,000mi. Those nuts are self-locking I believe. Have the service guys fix it and move on.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I would know when mine would come loose because I would hear click click click when I would open the door, and then I would finger tighten them and a few days later I would hear from them again. After about a dozen times of this I got a wrench on it and haven't heard from them sense.
I guess that guy at the plant needs to adjust his air wrench.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
blue marks ......it seems all the problems are around those blue marks...lol

·
Registered
60 Posts
Same here!
I would know when mine would come loose because I would hear click click click when I would open the door, and then I would finger tighten them and a few days later I would hear from them again. After about a dozen times of this I got a wrench on it and haven't heard from them sense.
I guess that guy at the plant needs to adjust his air wrench.
Same here.....the click click kept getting worse on my driver side door , thought it might need grease/oil on hinges. Did a search on forum and found this thread , then i checked the bolts , they had loosened about a quarter inch :eek: 10 mm to tighten

·
Registered
221 Posts
When mine worked loose, the thump-thump-thump as I opened the door kept bringing to mind a song:
Thump-thump-thump, "we will, we will rock you".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts