Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Read Only
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my service advisor was telling me to consider adding some extra door check straps since the ones on the van are crappy and if the wind catches the door out of my hand can cause $2000 in damage. Anyone know about this or added the extra straps from a jeep or something to that effect?

·
Registered
922 Posts
I played with this a bit. Big backing plate in the door. The swagging failed on one and they are a bit finicky to close, so I'd like to improve on this.

·
Read Only
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks pretty darn good. The ones my dealer was talking about were the front door check straps. I can see that with yours, you need to be conscious about closing the doors and manually tucking the cable in. Thats ok. Keeps our minds working a little longer!

·
Read Only
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I tried doing the online ordering but their website doesn't work that way. I am not calling them. If it can't be done via a computer click, it ain't happenin' !

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
From what I've gleamed it's a body shop that's making them.
They probably don't know what their doing on the web site.
Snipped from their FB page,

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
And here's a photo off their FB page. Just might fabricate some myself. We've been in winds where these would have been good insurance.

·
Read Only
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought about getting straps from a Jeep and making something myself. I would nut and bolt it with large washers to keep from ripping the thin door metal. I think they use blind nuts on their kit if I'm not mistaken. In all fairness, I did send them an email an hour ago requesting pricing and shipping. I'll post back later when I hear from them.

·
Read Only
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was quoted $150 per kit + Shipping. Not sure if one kit is for a single door or both. I would gladly pay that for it with installation. By itself I think its pricey. I guess good insurance is priceless, right? For now I will look into other options.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts