This is the guy installing a solar panel on my roof, supposedly a professional:

This is the damage he did:

I am really upset.

·
Super Moderator
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does he have insurance?
I wrote a very long e-mail to the owner of the shop and asked for compensation. I'll see what happens.

You must have noticed that I am a big mouth on the web. If I was him, I would do my best to shut me off.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wow real professional there. Hopefully that solar panel kit with install will be free lol. They must not own ladders. Did you say anything to him while he was on the roof?

·
Registered
473 Posts
That really sucks! I hate that they learned the hard way on YOUR van. Paint less dent repair might be an option but I bet it will be $750 or more. Just curious, what are the solar panels for?

·
Super Moderator
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That really sucks! I hate that they learned the hard way on YOUR van. Paint less dent repair might be an option but I bet it will be $750 or more. Just curious, what are the solar panels for?
The solar panel will charge the auxiliary battery that I had installed. I'll do a topic on that eventually, when I am not upset anymore.

For the repair costs, I doubt that it will be that expensive. There is a guy near my place that I was recommended to and is suppose to fix that kind of problem in less than a hour. Here's the link:

http://www.dboss.ca/procede/

It's in French, but click on the video, it's a pretty neat technique.

·
Super Moderator
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
GuyT did you get the dents fixed yet?
Not yet, I will take care of it next week. I am kind of going crazy these days. In two weeks, I am leaving for a 4 month windsurfing trip in my PM, and there is still so much to be done.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
4 Months! Wow! that Great! You and your wife have fun!!
Ps my van is done and is sitting in Mexico ready for shipping.
April 15th it will be here!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts