Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have been lurking on this forum and transit forum for over a year. Been waiting for the "perfect " van to come along, holding out for the right combo of factory windows, ceiling height, interior features, etc... Numerous trips to local ford, ram, and mercedes dealers. Decided a 2016 2500 promaster window van was as close as I was gonna get. Ordered yesterday. This van will be a mobile office for my veterinary housecall business.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I'm seeing the window wagon is offered for 2016 on both the 159" and the 159" extended chassis.. Which one did'ja choose?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I actually have been waiting for the extended 3500...but when it came time to pull the trigger, I weanied out and went with the 2500. I just did not feel comfortable spending an extra $3000 on only 14 inches of extra length. That $3000 will pay for my 12 volt ceiling vent, new floor, nice speaker upgrade, new centrifuge, nice desk, wall panels, van lettering, beer..... What really made me pull the trigger on the promaster window van was everytime I saw a high roof transit I started realizing that that is really NOT an attractive van....
As far as the dealer giving me an estimated date....to put it politely, he was clueless and he said 8 weeks. He was more worried about being stuck with the van if I were to back out of the deal. I would honestly say that Ram should be embarrassed with how little they prepare their dealers to sell their vans. I hope to get my van in 16 weeks if I am lucky.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Built and delivered

As far as the dealer giving me an estimated date....to put it politely, he was clueless and he said 8 weeks.
I order my 2016 on July 2nd and took delivery on September 29th

3 month 29 days and about 2 weeks was travel time to get to Michigan.

Also note that I ordered after the 2015 cutoff date, and before production started on the 2016 models, which was sometime in mid August

So actually it was only a month and a half from start of 2016 model year production.

·
Registered
97 Posts
As far as the dealer giving me an estimated date....to put it politely, he was clueless and he said 8 weeks.
I order my 2016 on July 2nd and took delivery on September 29th

3 month 29 days and about 2 weeks was travel time to get to Michigan.

Also note that I ordered after the 2015 cutoff date, and before production started on the 2016 models, which was sometime in mid August

So actually it was only a month and a half from start of 2016 model year production.
Do you mean 2 months and 29 days or am I missing a month somewhere between July-September? Maybe Augtember ?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The dealership I ordered from "won" the sale by default. I am very easy to deal with, but not a single dodge ram salesman/ sales manager left me with any sense of confidence that they had even read a promaster brochure, or thought about the many options available that are theoretically available on these vans. I made a point to only try to deal with the individuals at these dealerships who were the Business link rep/ commercial vehicle rep, but even they were uninformed. So I just went with a dealer that was the closest geographically. A nice guy, and pleasant and friendly. He has about 18 promasters on his lot, pretty much all white, few options, nothing but bare bones. He had never ordered a window van, and did not know that 2016 models were now available. I imagine the 8 week time frame he told me was based on nothing factual, but rather that is how long his plain white optionless vans have been taking. Thankfully, I am not absolutely needing this van right away.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just curious does the ram you ordered have tilt steering or only telescopic? We are in the process of looking for a camper on the 3500 chassis and so far only the telescopic has been available, good luck with your new purchase.

Cheers Gardner.

Oh by the way here in NB we have a business building ambulances on this chassis .

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just curious does the ram you ordered have tilt steering or only telescopic? We are in the process of looking for a camper on the 3500 chassis and so far only the telescopic has been available, good luck with your new purchase.
AFAIK only telescopic is available. I've heard "rumour" it may be added to facelift in 2017 or 2018, but so far, no tilt. I just looked through all the ram brochures and website thinking I might have missed something.. No tilt wheel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts