Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dome lights not working. Checked every fuse in both boxes all good. Lost both front lights on the overhead and both cargo lights. Book doesn?t show a relay for them. There has to a board built into something that controls the timer. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
10,141 Posts
CPU unfortunately controles the timer I believe. Silly question but they aren’t in the center (off) position I hope?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CPU unfortunately controles the timer I believe. Silly question but they aren’t in the center (off) position I hope?

Check them in all positions. I lost all the lights at once. Checked for power at the plug and nuttin. Checked every fuse in both boxes with continuity tester and all good. Check the manual and can?t even find a fuse labeled for interior or dome light. Nothing marked for the radio either. (That works). Would they be controlled by the BCM?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Bump

Does anyone know which fuse controls the Dome lights? The ones overhead in the cab and the two in the rear.

I searched but all I found were posts asking the same question but I couldn't find a post with the answer.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,242 Posts
I'm taking a shot in the dark, try F32

Dash fuse box

"Lighting of roof lights in the passenger compartment (+battery) F32 7,5 amps"

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm taking a shot in the dark, try F32

Dash fuse box

"Lighting of roof lights in the passenger compartment (+battery) F32 7,5 amps"
Thanks.

My owners manual labels that fuse 'SBMT' and my fuse was 10 amps.

·
Registered
MMXVI - L2H2 in IN
4,242 Posts
I think this is a translation problem,

Italian owner's manual, "illuminazione plafoniere interno abitacolo (+batteria) F32 7,5"

literal translation of the Italians manual, "lighting ceiling internal cockpit"

UK owner's manual, "Lighting of roof lights in the passenger compartment (+battery) F32 7,5"

US owner's manual, SBMT F32 10

SBMT, is that short for (submit?) "this entry needs to be Americanized" and someone forgot to do it?

Anyway I use the UK Owner's Manual when I can't find something.

·
Registered
53 Posts
After much research and questioning from my dealer who had to consult the electric map of the beast, it is the indicated F32 = SMBT, i.e. a relay that controls the lights of the domes! Not obvious ... I replaced the 10A fuse that I had blown up (a short circuit by placing an interrupter) and everything is working properly.

Jean-Paul

·
Registered
3 Posts
Inside LED lights have a more prominent shading temperature go than brilliant, incandescent light and Cf Ls, which considers better choice and authority over your inside, shading temperature run alludes to the coolness or warmth of light, light can emulate sunlight, be a cool white, a warm white or one of numerous other temperature hues, the shading temperature of the light in an inside will straightforwardly influence the glow and in general feel of the space...

The trick in life is learning how to deal with it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts