Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m interested in buying a PM city. I was looking at a used 2016. When I drove it I noticed it shuttered when I would start from a dead stop. I really felt it around 15 mph but it seemed like it was there the whole time I was driving. The owner said their mechanic (who is a Chrysler mechanic) said it was the design of the cv shafts and that it was natural. However, when I ask other people who own the same PM City they give me mixed reviews. Some say they shutter all the time and others say their PM City is smooth as butter. Can anyone give me advice? Have you noticed a shutter in your PM City? Thanks!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I’m interested in buying a PM city. I was looking at a used 2016. When I drove it I noticed it shuttered when I would start from a dead stop. I really felt it around 15 mph but it seemed like it was there the whole time I was driving. The owner said their mechanic (who is a Chrysler mechanic) said it was the design of the cv shafts and that it was natural. However, when I ask other people who own the same PM City they give me mixed reviews. Some say they shutter all the time and others say their PM City is smooth as butter. Can anyone give me advice? Have you noticed a shutter in your PM City? Thanks!
I've checked with dealer my 2015 PMC Passenger version of Base model. If they do not see any code , and do not smell any money? They will say you all kinds of good story! they have told me they have find the update for Transmission software by recall ; it should help, but it did not ! Second visit made about 1.5 month after. They have all workers off because Covid19 stay home order. the guy on reception told me after he scanned all codes . You have no codes ; vehicle in drive condition - Go back to home !!!
Transmission is sealed they do not aloud to change fluid, and no dipstick. Every things sensors monitored. I've in the process to find a good scanner for Bluetooth 4 , iOS enable to measure fluid temp, in life than I can monitor the level. possibly will change the transmission fluid by myself. I've purchased Chrysler special Dipstick , the one is recommended for Vehicle dealer repair manual. If this will not help? will look to replace the transmission. I've test drove 2018 and 2019 vehicles ,PMC STL they are smooth shifting. I'm wondering If someone in the forum can answer my question how to check if dealer updated software on transmission by request ? Need possibly some data to scan what version was before vehicle has been turn in to dealer and check it some how , after they will proudly say we've done , an exceptionally good job on your vehicle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My experience on my 2019 PMC... it does exactly what you mentioned if I run lower octane fuel. I know this sounds insane... the explanation I’ve read is that the sensors pick up knocking and retard the timing, the transmission seems to not cope with this very well. All this is anecdotal but if I’m not using premium I get the shutter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts