Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Ooops I just realized that you sent me a PM yesterday. I'll send you both schematics.. not sure what model your driving so I'll send you whatever I find right away. Schematics should all be the same between models.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info!

So they take a simple circuit and connect it to the BCM so that it becomes way too complicated and hard to modify without playing with the software. I just want to add a pushbutton on the driver door to lock the van on the way out (like every other car I have - you get out, press the power lock button, all doors lock, close door).

Arrrgh!

Ed

·
Registered
258 Posts
I haven't looked too closely at the diagram but I'm fairly certain that you could wire it up to work just like you've mentioned.

If the door, mechanical locks, then you should be able to make this work with a switch and two relays.

All the BCM is doing is just housing relays and circuitry that operates the locks. By using your own relays you can keep the factory wiring and functionality intact.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So I'm thinking, if I can just get the van to think the driver door is closed (when it is really open and I'm getting out) then the van should lock. Looked for a door pin switch (like the good old days) but didn't find one. I guess there is some kind of "door open" sensor in the door. Time to take to trim off.;)

Ed

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, I realize I have the Upfit Connector option.

On one of the pins on one of the connectors it says "door lock control" on another it says "door unlock control"...

But, it also says, for those pins "Cab Chassis only"....AAAARRRRHGGGGGH!

I will investigate. If I paid for the optional upfit connectors ($35 option), I'll be really upset if they left these wires out!

Ed

·
Registered
1 Posts
wiring diagram

Hello
I have a 2014 window van converted for my disabled daughter
I had the same issue where the sliding door kept saying it was open when it was not.

I did some examination and found that my issue appeared to be around two wires going up the c pillar
black wire and red wire
I have no idea what the actually attach to
the run the length of the c pillar up and then head along the roof to the front cabin.
when i secured the harnes they attach to and secured the wire itself to the frame [ with cable ties ] the issue went away, but the door thinks it is shut all the time now.

does anyone have a wiring diagram that can tell where this wire(s) terminate to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts