Ram Promaster Forum banner

Does anyone carry extra propane?

1468 Views 29 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  RV8R
I recently camped in 20degrees and the propane heater on my 2019 BANFF ran constantly. I got paranoid that my 5.9 onboard tank (which only fills to 3/4) would run out so i was going out to fill it often. It was a pain. Using the connector for a propane grill, i could reverse the flow and hook up to a 20 tank. But i would have to carry it outside. Does anyone do this?
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2021 3500 extended in Michigan
364 Posts

· Registered
2021 3500 extended in Michigan
364 Posts
I suspect that the Rino 15 lb under-filled cylinder is to offset the cost of recertifying and renewing the old, out of date cylinders that get turned in. Refillable propane cylinders are date stamped with the date that they have to be pressure tested and re stamped before they can be refilled. Simple greedy marketing likely plays a great part too. I'm sure most people trading in their empty tanks have no idea that they are underfilled even though they are labeled as 15 lb.

I swapped my old, nearly out of date tanks until I got an almost new one that I've kept and refilled several times now. There's also the convenience of doing a quick swap at the local drug store or gas station too.

I've been getting quick and easy refills at one of our local U Haul locations.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts