Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are we looking at for the powertrain warranty from Dodge for the Promaster? How long is it for and how many miles or kilometers? Is this a concern for you or is it not significant.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Of course the powertrain warranty is important, who wouldnt be concerned. The people buy the Promaster are not using it for luxury thats for sure. It is built for commercial use and carrying heavy loads. And after a while the first thing to go is the powertrain, if dodge didnt offer a proper warranty that will be a big deal breaker for most consumers.

In Canada dodge will be offering the Promaster with a Long-term protection with a 5 year/100,000 kilometer Powertrain Limited Warranty. Not sure what it's like for the U.S. but I don't think it should be that different.

I am pretty comfortable with that warranty but The Promaster will be my work mule so an extended warranty might be better if you plan on keeping it longer than 5 years.

·
Registered
51 Posts
A power train warranty is crucial for any Dodge. If you look at the previous Dodge Sprinter that thing had so much problem. My cousin had one and when bad luck happens it comes in threes. First it was the fuel pump that went causing it not to run. Then the dead gasket failed and the last thing was the transmission needed a rebuild due to jumping gears. I think most people will be buying the extended warranty fro the Promaster.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you look at the previous Dodge Sprinter that thing had so much problem.
Say it ain't so! i am dealing with that right now. But I know its not dodge's fault that is why I am still sticking with the brand. My sprinter is the way it is now because of the lack of responsibility to regular maintenance from the first owner. For such a vehicle you need to pay close attention to when it comes to maintained and repairs, even one day out would cost me money for my business.

·
Registered
386 Posts
This is one of my primary concerns since the Promaster is FWD and having all the weight running on a FWD transmission and driveshaft is going to be tough.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Dodge claims that they have the best powertrain warranty in the industry: 5 years/100,000 miles. Sounds really good but I haven't done any comparable yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
Constatini
Ram Promaster Forum
We’re a community forum dedicated to Promaster enthusiasts to discuss mods, camper conversions, diesel, fuel economy, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing