Ram Promaster Forum banner

Do You Use Your ProMaster As A Work Van?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just recently purchased a 2017 high roof. We are a landscape lighting contractor, in the process of wrapping it and building it out.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Motorcycle and sidecar upholsterer here. Large rolls of vinyl won't fit on my Moto Guzzi, so YES I use my PM!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Traveling "Security Consultant" need room to haul samples, tools and training materials. Oh and dirt bikes fit in there too ��

Reactions: Billd

·
Registered
227 Posts
Long distance delivery driver. I contract out for a warehouse in Memphis. All my jobs are out and back. We deliver nationwide. The van and it's expenses are mine. I have been reading all the post by the fellows making campers and such. I have been wanting to set mine up with a fold down bed, heater and fans. Mostly to sleep in when im tired, no extended stays planed at this time.

·
Registered
118 Posts
General Contracting guy, building mostly small houses. Also have it set up with a stove, bed and heater so with minimal fuss we can use it as a camper.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am an Electrical Contractor. Right now we are using a 2010 Transit Connect and a 2016 ProMaster City. Getting a 2018 1500 high roof delivered in 2 months.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own a cleaning company (carpets, Windows, house exterior cleaning, and pressure washing) I used to have 2 vans to hold all my gear, but now I have it all in my promaster (2016 diesel, 159", high roof) love this thing

·
Registered
473 Posts
Flooring contractor. Carpet, vinyl, lino, hardwood, ceramic tile, stone etc. 30 years in business and this is by far the best vehicle I've had for work. All of my materials actually fit inside the 159" EXT van, even 15' goods will fit corner to corner! The 4300 lb load capability really helps too. I can go from a few hundred lbs to fully loaded daily.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mobile forklift mechanic. Fully loaded all the time with racking, parts and tools. I've worked out of all different kinds of vans over the last 40 years, from standard Ford E250 vans up to the Chev 3500 cube van and GM/Isuzu 4000 NPR cube van. None of them work as well as my Promaster for my needs.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Expediting with a 2500 gasser.
430,000 miles so far. Original engine, trans, brakes, battery. Continentals going 200,000+ miles.
What year? What kind of tires do you have? The 2018 I have ordered comes factory with E rated tires that are not Continentals. As an option C rated Continentals can be ordered. I wondered what the difference was and why the C rating was more money.

·
Registered
108 Posts
What year? What kind of tires do you have? The 2018 I have ordered comes factory with E rated tires that are not Continentals. As an option C rated Continentals can be ordered. I wondered what the difference was and why the C rating was more money.
2014 with 225/75R16C load range E Continentals. I replaced with same as original. Purchased at dealership because price was the same as Belle tire here in Toledo ohio. You might have to contact a tire shop to find difference.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
2014 with 225/75R16C load range E Continentals. I replaced with same as original. Purchased at dealership because price was the same as Belle tire here in Toledo ohio. You might have to contact a tire shop to find difference.
I am confused by your post. It seems those Continentals are load range C. I looked on the lot at my dealers and all the Load E factory tires were not Continentals and all the optional Continentals were all the size you specified but they don't seem to be Load E. They also charge $250 for the 225/75R16C Continentals. Can you clarify please?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am confused by your post. It seems those Continentals are load range C. I looked on the lot at my dealers and all the Load E factory tires were not Continentals and all the optional Continentals were all the size you specified but they don't seem to be Load E. They also charge $250 for the 225/75R16C Continentals. Can you clarify please?
More confusion. I was sent an e-mail alert to your latest response, it contained a link to this tire. What happened to it? It is not here.

·
Registered
108 Posts
More confusion. I was sent an e-mail alert to your latest response, it contained a link to this tire. What happened to it? It is not here.
Sorry. Tried to send you tirerack.com.
Set of 4 $784 aft rebate. On the ad they are listed load E. Dealer told me the C stood for commercial.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts