Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posing a question I haven't seen on the forums yet.....pictured below is a van I'm considering purchasing, everything looks great except two punctures on the exterior of the van. Top back left and top front left. My question is, do you think these pose any real risk? Or is it merely cosmetic. My thought was that it could eventually create rust if not sealed property, which i could certainly do myself, my main concern was if the structural integrity is compromised.

Make the plunge or avoid at all costs?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Hard to say without inspecting in person. Just going by the pics, it doesn't look like much more than a ding. The structure "seems" fine from here.
I'm not an expert on the construction of these vans, but I know they use a lot of spot welding and even adhesive to hold them together.
I would just check around to make sure whatever that person hit, it wasn't a big enough jolt to shake or flex to the point that any adhesive gave way. Mainly the roof skin to the supports.
However, a jolt that good would probably have left more damage.
You're probably good, but it never hurts to look around.
My biggest concern is if they were that clumsy/inattentive of a driver, what else have they damaged or neglected?

·
Premium Member
1,770 Posts
Hi,
I don't think that the overall structural integrity of the van is effected at all. These vans do use the bodywork to carry part of the loads, but those punctures are pretty minor compared to the huge holes many of us cut in our vans for windows, fans, ...

I think as long as the price reflects what it will cost you to get those punctures repaired, its not really a concern.

Gary

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, thank you so much for the replies everybody and I'll be sure to take the advice given!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts