Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not quite sure what this part is but I am getting ready to insulate with Polyiso and I went to remove this part and it seems really well attached to the vehicle. It is located on both sides behind the rear wheel well. I called my local dodge parts store and they said it is something to do with the ventilation tied into the cab of the vehicle and I should leave it. Recommendations? I am planning on spending the winter in freezing weather so trying to insulate as best as possible

Attachments

·
Registered
2014-159 HR in CT
3,708 Posts
Those are vents that allow air to escape when you close a door on the Promaster, making the slam shut a bit easier - keep 'em right where they are!

You can insulate and panel over them, just leave a path for air to escape thru them...

·
Registered
351 Posts
That's the Flux Capacitor. Only needed if you go over 88 MPH.

Reactions: Boondogger

·
Premium Member
8,838 Posts
Sure I just cut the shape of that out of my 1” polyiso insulation sheet then glued it in place with Great Stuff from my Progun. Easy Peasy! No need to be super accurate with he cut as the foam will fill in any extra.

·
Registered
735 Posts
We cut the shape out of our polyiso as did RD . . . but the slider still doesn't close . . . easily . . . so, the solution has been, open one of the front doors, ceiling fan or side windows . . . amazing how easily the slider closes . . .
I always open my passenger side door just as I close the slider. As you said, much easier,.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
413 Posts
Our 2017 doesn't have these, at least not visible like in ridesteeps' photo. Not complaining, just curious.
The 159EXT models do not seem to have them on the side panels, but they do have the flap vents inside the rear pillars that serve the same purpose.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts