Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not much info on the web.

When I twist the lever forward the parking lights are supposed to turn on, at least that's what I see on the web. When I turn mine nothing happens. The only time the parking lights turn on is with all the lights when headlights come on.

Can anyone confirm if theirs works or does now. Not sure if I have a defect or that's how it's set up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's how mine work, apparently it's an all or nothing thing.

Most vehicles have 3 positions... Off, park lights, and headlights.

Mine only has 2.... Off, and headlights.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok mine only has 2 also. WTF is the reasoning behind that.
That blows.

So then there's no way to make those work?
Im asking because I had a remote start / alarm installed and the lights do not flash when arming or disarming.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had one installed as well, and the lights don't do anything when I use that.

I have the factory keyless entry as well, and it flashes the blinkers when it locks and unlocks. So there is probably a fuse block or wire they tap into, for that purpose.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My guy said they flash wth the factory lock / unlock is because it's controlled through the computer.
If there's no wire there he has nothing to tap into but ill have him look.
Thx

·
Registered
5 Posts
That sounds possible, they told me that the fiat electronics are different than most.

I remote start mine, and it runs until I open the front doors, and then it dies.

Which I guess is a good safety feature, and then I just start it like normal with the key.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Same here, but I hate that it shuts down when I open the doors.
I think its stupid because no one can steal it because it shuts down when you step on the brake. (I think, i'll have to check that, lol)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So the remote start definitely cuts off the engine when you step on brake. Tested it today. Now I think the fact it cuts off when the door opens is a new level of stupid. At minimum, there should be a selection for that.

·
Registered
810 Posts
I have a 2014. When you turn on the lights with the ignition on, all the lights will come on. When you turn the key off and take them out, all the lights will go out. Even with the switch on.

With the key off, and you turn on the lights, only the parking lights come on. And they will stay on until you run the battery down. That's how it works on mine. The headlights will not come on with the key off, only the parking lights.
And by the way, they are many different brands of remote starts that do many different things. My remote start, works and it stays running when I unlocked the doors and get in. & I put the key in the ignition and turn the key step my foot on the brake, put it in gear and Peel out and the motor stays running the whole time. But that just must be my brand and the way it operates

·
Registered
810 Posts
BigBlue, I'm sad to say that after I reread this thread, that my comment prior is for the Full Size promaster.
Sorry for the confusion.
A shop called Custom Sounds installed the remote start, and I do not know the brand name.
It does have a separate fob.
One feature I like is, when I leave my house (warm van) & go 3 blocks to the convenience store for coffe and cigars,
I can pull in, park, press the new fob twice, hear a few clicks coming from the dash, turn off the key, the motor stays running along with the heater blower. ..
get out, close the door and lock it with the factory remote.
When I return, unlock the door, get in, insert key, turn it on and take off.
good luck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts