Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has the same diesel engine and I'm hoping a different auto/manual trans as there are are a lot of problems reported pertaining to the trans installed on these light trucks.

·
Registered
473 Posts
The Mitsibishi FE160 is as close an engine that I could find. That is a twin turbo DOHC 3.0 liter developed with FIAT and the transmission is a dual clutch japanese unit. Not the same engine or trans...

·
Registered
90 Posts
The Mitsibishi FE160 is as close an engine that I could find. That is a twin turbo DOHC 3.0 liter developed with FIAT and the transmission is a dual clutch japanese unit. Not the same engine or trans...
I did quite a bit of searching a while back, and it seems that the Mitsu/Fuso 3.0L is similar (maybe just block, head, and some internals) but certainly set up differently with twin turbos and not as much emissions control. The Iveco Daily line comes with the same 3.0L as the Ducato, however. And BTW there are inline ECU boxes that can be added to improve power.....;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
There were versions of the Fuso Canter with the same single-turbo engine from the Ducato and the Iveco Daily. Hyundai also uses this engine in the Brazilian version of the HD78 truck, which was once offered in the American market as a Bering product.

·
Registered
171 Posts
The engine 4P10 installed by Mitsubishi Trucks (Daimler group) in their Canter models is a F1C (named also S30) family engine made by FTP Industrial engine (part of CNH Industrial, the tractors/industrial vehicle company that was denerged from Fiat).

It is almost the same that is used, as other wrote, in Iveco Daily / Fiat Ducato.
The gearbox is different, the one that will be used in the Promaster will be an automated manual transmission named by marketing guys "Comfort-Matic", in the Canter it is a dual clutch transmission.
In the Iveco Daily, that is RWD, there is, as optional, also automated manual, named Agile (that is a 6 speeds ZF gearbox).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts