Ram Promaster Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any forum users have any experience with the seat swivels offered by DiscountVanTruck? With the Sportscraft swivels offered by EuroCampers and VanUpgrades seemingly on eternal backorder I am left in a quandry. The DVT site lists "Factory" and their own house swivels for $199 but I can't seem to find much info on them other than from a Transit owner. Your thoughts greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I installed their swivels in both front seats. They both arrived with the adjustment rods sticking out of the boxes so they were bent and one was missing the rubber end cap. On the first install I saw quickly that the wire ends of the different connectors would not drop through the hole in the middle of the swivel. I emailed discount truck and van just questioning if I was missing something here and they said that you must cut the wires or remove the ends/pins and then reattach them after passing them through the hole. DTV said that this is how it's done on all their conversions. I'm not scared of a little wiring so I went ahead and tackled that. I had a misconnection so I had to go back and redo some connections which was not fun.

Ok, so you get that done and then you find that after the install your seat won't go all the way back. I discovered that there is a stopper on the bottom slider rail that when attached to the swivel has a tab that sticks out on the bottom of the rail. When you tighten down the rails on to the swivel that tab since it's a bit lower than the rail will push up on the "stopper" causing it to catch the seat a little too early so it can't slide back all the way. To fix that after it took me a good while to figure out wtf was going on, I used some stainless fender washers to space the slider rails up just a bit and then tapped that stopper back down so the slider would go all the way back.
I think it's a fail that the tab sticks out the bottom of the sliders and causes a problem when you tighten it down on their base..... Because it all needs to be tight and it just tells me that they haven't had enough experience installing these on Promasters or don't want to acknowledge the problem. I'm sure these are mass produced universal swivels, but just using a little bigger bearing in the center to allow the plugs to pass through and then supplying spacers or letting people know they need to add some spacers or grind down the top of that stopper would be nice.

I didn't even contact them about that stopper since after a couple messages they never sent me the replacement rubber end cap and their take is that these take a little work to fit. They swivel ok, but not super smooth, but I'm satisfied with the operation.

So there you go. I might have some pics etc of the install in my build thread on here.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
142 Posts
I installed their swivels in both front seats. They both arrived with the adjustment rods sticking out of the boxes so they were bent and one was missing the rubber end cap. On the first install I saw quickly that the wire ends of the different connectors would not drop through the hole in the middle of the swivel. I emailed discount truck and van just questioning if I was missing something here and they said that you must cut the wires or remove the ends/pins and then reattach them after passing them through the hole. DTV said that this is how it's done on all their conversions. I'm not scared of a little wiring so I went ahead and tackled that. I had a misconnection so I had to go back and redo some connections which was not fun.

Ok, so you get that done and then you find that after the install your seat won't go all the way back. I discovered that there is a stopper on the bottom slider rail that when attached to the swivel has a tab that sticks out on the bottom of the rail. When you tighten down the rails on to the swivel that tab since it's a bit lower than the rail will push up on the "stopper" causing it to catch the seat a little too early so it can't slide back all the way. To fix that after it took me a good while to figure out wtf was going on, I used some stainless fender washers to space the slider rails up just a bit and then tapped that stopper back down so the slider would go all the way back.
I think it's a fail that the tab sticks out the bottom of the sliders and causes a problem when you tighten it down on their base..... Because it all needs to be tight and it just tells me that they haven't had enough experience installing these on Promasters or don't want to acknowledge the problem. I'm sure these are mass produced universal swivels, but just using a little bigger bearing in the center to allow the plugs to pass through and then supplying spacers or letting people know they need to add some spacers or grind down the top of that stopper would be nice.

I didn't even contact them about that stopper since after a couple messages they never sent me the replacement rubber end cap and their take is that these take a little work to fit. They swivel ok, but not super smooth, but I'm satisfied with the operation.

So there you go. I might have some pics etc of the install in my build thread on here.

Did you ever get a chance to take some pics? Just wondering how you like them now after some time living with them? Is the increased height an issue at all? Thx

·
Registered
368 Posts
Did you ever get a chance to take some pics? Just wondering how you like them now after some time living with them? Is the increased height an issue at all? Thx
There are some pics in my build thread on here I believe. They work just fine and I haven't had a problem. Taken about 5-6 trips and used them. The height hasn't been a problem. My gf is 5'6" and said it's livable for her. I plan on adding a full floor mat so that will raise the floor a bit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts